This is a delicious breakfast or brunch. Easy to make and so tasty. Left me feeling satisfied. 😊
A delicious, quick, high protein and low calorie breakfast that will keep you full for longer!
• 4 large eggs
• 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
• 1 bag of spinach (around 240g)
• 1 small/medium red onion
• 1 clove of garlic
• 3 spring onions
• 1/2 tbsp of rapeseed oil
• OPTIONAL - fresh chopped coriander to garnish You will also need a large, high sided frying pan with a lid.
1. Dice the onion and chop the garlic finely.
2. Prepare your spring onions by trimming them and slicing into little rounds.
3. Add the rapeseed oil to a large, high sided, frying pan on a medium heat. Once it is heated add the onion and garlic and sweat for about 1-2 mins until the onion starts to go translucent (but not brown).
4. Pour in the tin of chopped tomatoes and stir.
5. Once the tomatoes are hot, add the bag of spinach and wait until it is just wilted, folding and stirring if needed.
6. Make four little wells in the mixture and crack your eggs into them and then sprinkle your spring onions on top.
7. Still on a medium heat, bring the mixture to a bubble and put the lid on.
8. Leave the eggs to cook for around 3-4 minutes for runny yolks and a little longer for hard. DO NOT TAKE THE LID OFF WHILST COOKING.
9. (OPTIONAL) Garnish with fresh chopped coriander.