It was very tasty and half the dish was filling enough for me. The veg I added (carrots and courgettes) soaked up all the extra liquid so when the hour was up it came out as per the picture above. I didn’t need to add any further cooking time as the chicken was done through, soft and moist. I am going to eat the rest for lunch tomorrow. If the man does not get to it first.
A full meal, if you eat the whole lot yourself, great for 2 people for dinner if you have not had much for breakfast or lunch in the day.
• For the Chicken:
• 1 x Chicken Breast (250 g)
• 1 tsp Olive Oil (approx 4.5g)
• Onion (70g)
• Half carton of Chopped tomatoes with herbs (195g)
• Tomato Puree (20g) Optional
• 1 tsp fresh Coriander
• 1 tsp fresh Garlic
• 1 tsp fresh Ginger
• 1 tsp ground Cumin
• 1 tsp dried Thyme
• Black Pepper and Salt to taste
• I added Courgettes and Carrots to this as it was lacking in veg but you can choose your veg to your preference, just remember to add the calories.
1. Add the olive oil, spices, onion, tomato and puree to a clear bowl. Mix well till all is combined thoroughly.
2. Chop the Chicken breast into even sized chunks and add to the mixture. Ensure the Chicken is coated well. Cover with cling film and leave in the fridge to marinade for as long as possible. (the longer the better flavour wise)
3. Heat the Oven to 180 degrees (fan oven) 400 degrees farenheight, Gas mark 6.
4. If you want to add veggies then put them in the bottom of a clear oven proof dish or roasting tin.
5. Pour the marinaded contents on top and spread evenly ensuring the veg is covered.
6. Cover with foil then place in the oven for 1 hour.
7. After an hour, take the foil off and give the food a good mix. If its too watery for your liking then put it back in the oven uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes till the sauce is to your liking.
8. Spoon out and serve