Really tasty stir fry full of veg and if you want, protein too!
• Piece of fresh ginger, about 1/2", finely chopped
• Piece of fresh red chilli, finely chopped (to taste)
• 1 garlic clove
• I small onion (about 100 gm)
• 1/2 red pepper, sliced
• 100 gms mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 carrot (about 45 gms)
• a few green beans, sliced
• 1 generous tsp brown miso paste
• 3 spring onions
• 1 tsp sesame oil. Optional - few raw prawns, or 1/2 pack (60 gms) of ready to eat chicken pieces (spicy ones work really well).
Cut the onion in half, and then each half in about three sections, and separate the layers, then put the garlic, ginger, chilli, onion, red pepper with the sesame oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and stir fry until the ginger, garlic etc start to brown a little, then add the mushrooms, and continue to stir fry, ensuring you turn it well so all the mushrooms get cooked. Add the carrots, green beans, miso paste, the prawns or chicken if you're using it, and a little water (a couple of tablespoons) and cook til everything is almost cooked. Add the sliced spring onions, and warm through, then serve.
The basic stir fry (fine on its own) is about 175 cals a portion. If you add the chicken or prawns, it will be around 260 (check your own pack). The miso works really well in giving a bit of "sauce".