Is this coconut milk in a can or cardboard carton?
Fudge isn’t something you’d normally associate with healthy treats. But this version is super special, with no added sugar and hidden ‘fiber’ in the form of oat bran. I love how the little flecks remind me of the nougat ‘bits’ in Toblerone chocolate.
• 200g (7oz) coconut milk
• 200g (7oz) dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, chopped
• 100g (3.5oz) peanut butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 4 tablespoons oat bran (optional)
1. Bring coconut milk to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Meanwhile, line a loaf pan with foil or baking paper.
2. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stand for a few minutes so the chocolate melts.
3. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and oat bran (if using). I like to leave a few chunks of peanut butter in the mixture.
4. Transfer fudge mixture to the prepared tin and refrigerate for a few hours, or until set.
5. Chop into small squares.