Wow!! Love this idea – simple, easy and quick to do and very filling …. tasty too!!! These crispy delights would lend themselves to allsorts of fillings, so I’ll be doing this again and ringing the changes.
Thanks for posting it Arcanarose.
My orginal recipe was with buckwheat pancakes but I had to shave off the carbs to meet my daily allowance. Since I like egg muffins and the only vegetarian produce that has minimal to zero carbs is cheddar and eggs I remembered that you can grill cheese into crispy yummy goodness.
• 1 Egg
• 1 dash sunflower oil
• 20g Cheddar Cheese
1. Slice the cheese thinly with a cheese slicer or grate it.
2. Layout the cheese on a non-stick baking sheet or foil in two round circle. Make sure there are no holes.
3. Grill until crispy and tinged golden brown.
4. Once cooked, leave for 1-2 minutes to set and careful remove with a palette knife or cheese slicer.
5. Meanwhile put a pan to heat. Place an egg ring in the center of the pan and add 1 dash of vegetable oil.
6. When the oil is hot crack an egg inside. Once it starts to set break the yolk with a knife.
7. Leave it another minute to set more.
8. Cut around the egg separating it from the ring with a sharp knife. Remove the ring.
9. Leave the egg another minute then flip the egg over for another 1-2 minutes until it has set.
10. Place one of your Crispy Cheese rounds on a plate. Top with your egg and another Crispy Cheese round.