In all honesty, I’ve yet to cook this but the way you have written this recipe is brilliant and whatever the end result (which I can’t see.is going to be anything but gorgeous), this deserves 5 stars for entertainment value alone!
Succulent Pan fried chicken breast, with Salad. What’s not to like?
• 150g Skinless chicken breast.
• 1tsp gram flour (chickpea flour, bessan)
• 1/2 tbs olive oil for frying
• Salad of leaves and cherry tomatoes onions and herbs.
• Homemade salsa Verde (1tbs capers drained, 1big clove garlic, 1 or 2 dill pickles/gherkins, chopped parsley 1x good handful, 2x good handfuls mix of coriander, mint basil,other soft herbs to taste, 1tbs Sherry/wine/cider vinegar or lemon juice, 1tbs olive oil, 1tsp mustard, s&p to taste. Water or more lemon juice to slacken Optional extras lime/lemon zest, chopped chili. Chop it all till its fine... )
Cover a chopping board in clingfilm, put the chicken breast on it and again cover in cling film.
Now bash it with a rolling pin. Not in a psychotic rage. More well judged bangs in a considered judicial manner, until the breast is nice and even and spread out about 1-2 Cm thick.
Grind S&P over both side of the chook.
Now sprinkle the gram flour over. I used a sieve as it helps a little go further, reducing this ingredient to a minimum. It really does help with the final texture of the dish, is a bean flour not refined wheat flour, but even so... less is good.
Make your salad. Make it colourful. Make it zing. Screw skittles rainbow of fruit flavour- this is the real thing. Food.
Make the salsa Verde. It really is just chopping. And now there's no clingfilm on the chopping board it's clean and waiting. Though a food processor on pulse will do the job too. It should taste zingy, fresh, salty, but not crinkle your mouth to a need a twinkle toosh. Nothing needs a twinkle toosh.
Heat a dry frying pan till very hot, add the 1/2 tbs olive oil and lay in the chicken. Turn the heat down to medium.
After 2 minutes there should be good colour so turn it for another 2 mins. I know it's chicken, but don't turn it into dry shoe leather "to be on the safe side".
Serve it up. Pile on the salad, and a good spoonful of the salsa Verde.
250kc with all the salad and salsa For a filling tasty dinner.
Wine with that?