A curry base at 230 calories per serving, made from store cupboard ingredients. Just add veg, chickpeas, paneer cheese or meat
• 1 frozen cube, Crushed Garlic - Frozen Cubes
• 1.33 cube, Frozen Crushed Ginger Cubes
• 25 g, Ghee or butter
• 1 dessert spoon cumin seeds
• 2 small Chillies finely sliced
• Salt and Pepper
• 1 tin (400 gs ea.), Tinned Fried Onions
• 2 container (390 gs ea.), Chopped Tomatoes In Tomato Juice Carton
• half jar (100grams) of Balti Paste
• 15 g, Tomato Puree
• cube of frozen garlic
• cube of frozen ginger
Heat the tinned onions with the g garlic, ginger, cumin seeds and sliced chilli. let it sizzle gently for a few minutes to release flavours, then stir in balti paste, tomato puree and finally tinned tomatoes.
Simmer gently for 15 minutes.
The ingredients make 5 portions at 230 calories or you can miss out the ghee and make it under 190 calories.
Freeze the remaining portions for curry in a hurry!
You can add a wide range of ingredients to make different curries, just remember to add the calories!
Frozen spinach and paneer cheese (lightly browned in a dry pan first.
and my favourite - okra.