Very tasty, makes a good lunch. Surprisingly filling.
Quick and filling meal or can be served as side dish
• Green Cabbage 500 Gms x2 (250 calories)
• Oil 2 tsps. (90 calories)
• 1 large Onion (50 calories)
• 5-6 curry leaves
• 2-3 Green chillies (to taste)
• Turmeric powder ½ tsp
• Mustard seeds 1 tsp
• Garam masala powder 1 tsp
• White Lentils (Urad dal) 1 tbsp. (25 calories) Boiled chick peas 250 Gms (175 calories)
• Salt to taste
Thinly slice the cabbage. Chop onion into small squares. Split green chillies lengthwise.
Add oil to a large non-stick Wok style pan. When hot add mustard seeds. When it begins to splutter add curry leaves, green chillies, white lentils and the onions.
Sauté for 3-4 minutes on low heat. Add salt, turmeric powder and chick peas.
Add cabbage and cook on high heat for 5-7 minutes.
Keep stirring. This cooks it without losing water and getting soggy.
When cooked, add garam masala and stir well.