This is delicious. Salmon, a strong flavoured meaty fish carries the spices well. Love it.
Salmon topped with delicious spicy crust. Serve with steamed green veg.
• Salmon Fillet 150 g (Skinless) = 260 calories
• Ginger 1 square inch (12 calories)
• 1 small onion (28 calories)
• Garlic 2-3 cloves (8 calories)
• A bunch of coriander (4 calories)
• Optional coconut fresh grated (or ½ tbsp. of dried coconuts or crushed nuts) (1 tbsp.) (35 calories)
• 1-2 green chillies (To taste)
• Oil 1 tsp (5mls) (45 calories)
• Salt to taste
• Lemon juice (1tsp)
Marinade fish with salt and lemon juice and keep aside
Chop onions into small squares. Finely chop the garlic, coriander and green chillies. Peel and grate ginger. Grate the coconut (or chop the nuts). Grated coconut can be kept in the freezer.
Add oil to small pan. When hot add chopped onions and sauté till soft and light brown in colour. Add ginger, garlic, green chillies and coriander. Fry gently on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add Grated coconut. Add salt to taste. Stir for another minute and remove from fire.
Spread the mixture on the fish.
Preheat fan oven to 180centigrade.
Place fish on a baking tray on the middle shelf.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.