You Tube video on how to avoid bs spikes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

It has been a while since I posted a link so hoping this works.
    I don’t know if this method of eating works but it was interesting. Basically saying eat your meals in a set order; vegetables followed by protein, fats and last of all carbs. Not the same as the Hay diet. There was an interesting comment on when eating out and the complimentary bread. The bread will go through the system quickly and trigger grehlin which is responsible for us “finding” room for that dessert around 90mins after eating it.

If the link doesn’t work the post was on the channel The Glucose Revolution and the video was Eat your food in the right order: 75% healthier with this small trick.

https://youtu.be/HEEUrIQ_3O4?si=xu4XAXDBkuMneFe-

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Thanks for the link AnnieW. I did a course with FutureLearn about the Blue countries. The ones where they live to be over 100 and eating in a specific order was what they did in Japan. Something about the veg lining the stomach and not being so hungry for what comes next. I will have a look at the video.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just watched the link and found it very interesting. I might just try it. The conclusion about why restaurants put bread on the table before the meal arrives was an eye-opener. Yes, we all seem to have a dessert belly with plenty of room in it. Also, why are Europeans slimmer than some other people. They start their meal with a small salad, even if it is just lettuce. Again, makes sense that they are preparing their stomachs so as not to need so much food. I hope you don’t mind if I share with my regular 12 week thread.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

A bit late replying but of course, share where you think it might be useful. I have watched another couple of her postings this morning and found them interesting – she explains about insulin resistance in a very easy to understand way. I did know how it works but her explanation was really good.I think it was no. 8. I tried the order of eating at lunch even though there were no carbs on it to speak of as it was veggies, protein and fats (in a cream sauce), the main carbs came from the onions I put in the sauce. I didn’t have my usual yoghurt and berries afterwards, so who knows?

Please log in or register to post a reply.