Worried about skin sagging

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jane c
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’ve nearly done 5 weeks on the Fast 800, lost over a stone and many cm. BUT, I’ve noticed how loose my fat bits are becoming- thighs, stomach particularly. I’ve read how hard this is to get rid of, so am thiking of slowing down.
    Any advice on what to do next?
    I could go to the 5:2, or just stick to low-no carb diet but stop worrying about calorie counting. I’m also scared of undoing all the good work, so really not sure what to do.

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hi Jane,
    Saggy skin is, unfortunately, a side effect of losing a lot of weight so in a way it’s a good problem to have! If the skin has stretched a lot it loses its elasticity. It depends how bad you feel it is – some lotions claim to tighten up the skin. Exercises to tone up your muscles may help.
    Sorry not to be much help – but don’t undo all the good work you’ve done, over a stone lost is great! Keep going.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I don’t think slowing down the weight loss makes any difference. It’s all just the luck of your genetics how elastic your skin is. It will improve over time though regardless of how quickly you lose the weight, but some of us will always have some looseness 🙁

I’d still rather be healthy though.

• posted by jane c
    on

Hi, thanks for responding ladies.
    I’m imagining that slower weight loss gives skin more time to sort itself out, but I could be wrong.
    My blood sugar is now ‘non-diabetic’ so I’m not worried about about that any more, but would quite like to lose some more weight to ensure I keep it that way. I’m not giving up, so much as thinking about a different, more longterm approach. But as you say, don’t want to undo my hard work.
    It’s weird, being fat has almost been a political act for me for 30+ years, so even thinking about dieting feels wrong. It wasn’t a health problem until a couple of years ago, which I blame on my hormones.

Please log in or register to post a reply.