Why have I put on weight overnight?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Island Girl
    on

I was so happy yesterday I had lost 2.6kg since Monday 7th Nov. I weighed myself this morning and after a starting weight of 76.4 last Monday I now weigh 75kg. So overall I have only lost 1.4kg which is not very impressive for eating only 800 calories a day. I could have lost that amount on a less strict diet. And how did I put on 1.2kg since yesterday?
    I have been sticking to the rules and exercising. Drinking lost of water . I feel so disappointed. I have also lost nothing off my waist which is where I would have thought I would see a difference.I will see how I go this week but if I don’t see better results than the 1.4kg last week, I will be trying another diet. I wonder if I did in fact just lose water and no actual weight at all, and now that’s stabilised that’s the end of it.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Hi Island Girl,

I have periodically had the same thing happen to me and am starting my 6th week today! I thought exactly the same as you about how I lost a lot of water weight at first and therefore it has taken time to see real results. I am now down 15 lbs since the beginning. I know it is easy to think of another diet as being a better way to go but honestly this way of eating makes it possible to eat such low calories. When you eat low carb you aren’t as hungry as if you were on a diet with more carbs. It will take time for you to see results but you will! Give the BSD time and try not to focus so much on the scale. I still have to tell myself this as I go along! It takes time but eventually your weight will stay down and you’ll be glad you stuck to the BSD.

• posted by Island Girl
    on

Thanks for the encouragement. I do like the idea of this diet, so I will persevere. After all it’s only been one week- but I did expect to see the most loss on the first week and then it goes down from there, so I’m not sure what to think now. I will be glad when the headaches go away but I am doing the right thing and drinking plenty of water. Other than wine I wasn’t really having that much sugar even hidden sugar, but it is surprising where it lurks. My problem was potatoes- including potato chips/crisps. I would have been having a lot of refined carbohydrates including bread.

Please log in or register to post a reply.