Why are my blood sugar levels not dropping

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jlaben
    on

I have been on the 8 week blood sugar diet for 6 weeks now even though I have stuck stricktly to the diet my bloods are still high, I have lost 4kg but bloods still between 8-9.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

• posted by Verano
    on

Are you counting carbs? They are hiding in all sorts of unexpected places such as an average apple having 19g of carbs. Most people try to stay below 50g a day. Try FatSecret or Myfitnesspal for counting carbs. You may just be eating more than you think.
    Best of luck. This way of eating does work to reduce blood sugars.

• posted by Jlaben
    on

No carbs,no bread no suger no paster ect and only 800 cals a day

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi the calories are a little less important than the number of carbs for reducing blood sugar. You don’t say how high you BG was when you started. Has it reduced at all?
    It’s quite easy to be low calorie but still high carb as I said apples are relatively high carb but low calorie. There are lots of foods, especially fruits, that are similar.
    I can only re-suggest weighing all the foods you eat and drink and keep a log of the calorie/carb values. If you stay less than 50g if carbs a day and your blood sugars don’t drop I suggest a word with your doctor might be the best course of action.
    Also, the time you measure your blood sugar is quite important. Search in the box above right for ‘The dawn effect’ which often shows an artificially high BS first thing in the morning. Hope you find a solution.

Please log in or register to post a reply.