Where can you get a DEXA body fat scan done in the North West ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Como
    on

Can anyone help ? I think I can get a referral from my GP to have one done but I need to know what hospitals/ reputable places do a DEXA Body fat scan. I am prepared to pay to have it done privately.

I am also not sure if it is entirely different from a bone density scan which is what the DEXA scan is, I think, usually used for. If you have information on this topic please let me know.

Thanks

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey I’ve had several dexa scans for bone density at my local hospital but am afraid I don’t know what they showed picture wise. The first operator gave me immediate feedback but the second could have worked for MI5 and refused to give me any indication until I got the analysed results. I think the machines are fairly common in general hospitals but I don’t live in your area.

I would ring around if I were you – the private patients seemed to use the same machine so I guess they are too expensive for Bupa to put in all their hospitals

Hope this helps

Please log in or register to post a reply.