What's a chicken breast weigh ๐Ÿ˜‚

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mischeif78
    on

I’m on day 3 loving it so far .. but haven’t cooked any chicken recipes yet as no weight for a chicken breast …
    Chicken breasts in Australia are huge and weigh 500g -1kg for a full breast
    Have ordered the cookbook as well hoping it will have weights but waiting for delivery ATM
    Anyone help me I want to mix it up tomorrow n had enough fish already lol

• posted by Corkie
    on

Hi Mischief. I think that on the north side of the Equator, we think of a chicken breast weighing about 150g. 200g would be a large chicken breast. I wouls hate to see the “turkey” that has a breast of 500g to 1kg!! What are the chickens being fed on to be so supersized???

• posted by Mischeif78
    on

Hi Corkie
    Thanks ..it’s honestly ridiculous what they feed and size they grow chicken to in Australia
    I have friends who are chicken farmers and they are pushed to there limits to bulk them up till they are so breast heavy ,really sad
    But chicken breasts only $6.99kg here regularly and a very cheap meat to feed the family so it’s hard not to buy ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Natalie
    on

Mischeif78 I assume you mean both sides of the breast for that weight!

I’m always very selective, I’d rather buy more little ones than a couple of huge tasteless slabs. And free range of course.

My grandparents had a free range poultry farm (for eggs not meat) and I would sometimes watch a chicken lay an egg, take the egg inside and cook it straight away.. you can’t get fresher than that. So much nicer than month-old shop bought eggs. They had a house cow too, fresh milk! But it did go bad much quicker, even in the fridge.

• posted by Michele62
    on

Hi Mischief78,
    I use skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts. They are smaller and tend to be much less tough and dry. The amount of extra fat on them seems minimal to me.

Please log in or register to post a reply.