What bread is best?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stabber
    on

Been on diet for two weeks, Don’t really miss bread but would be nice to have the odd slice. What’s best please in your experience

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

No bread, sorry, or you will get a taste for it. The carbs will start knocking on your brain and that slice will turn into a loaf. Seriously, wait until you have done the 8 weeks then maybe ‘treat’ yourself but you may find by then you don’t really want it.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

There are a few lower carb brands out there, and some people experiment with baking low carb solutions, but to be honest I don’t think it is worth using any substitute regularly, I recently bought one of the lower carb loaves to try and ended up throwing most of it away.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I agree certainly best to avoid all bread entirely for your 8 weeks – if necessary can you try to resist bread day by day? You will probably start to decide you can do without it.

Good luck 🙂

• posted by Frog
    on

When I started, I had non-bread slightly carby things – breakfast was when I missed bread/toast the most.

So a small portion of low sugar baked beans with egg, or the gram flour pancake option.
    I posted on a thread about gram flour pancakes the other day though, thought I fancied one, and TBH – a bit yuk!

I agree with the others, best to try and break the bread cycle

• posted by orchid
    on

Hi frog – The first one I make I forgot to add seasoning until the end and it was bland. The second batch I added chili powder, smoked paprika and fennel seeds to the batter and left it for 4 hours. That spiced up the flatbreads/pancakes and they were great with soup and or with an egg filling for a packed lunch. I have not yet tried them, but they should make a good pizza base if you make a thicker consistency like a large dropped scone (Scottish pancake).
    Stabber, I avoided bread the whole way through. It was easier as if it is in the house, it will be eaten – my me. Recently as I have been moving into maintenance I had a few very thin oatcakes with cheese added to breakfast – the oats are slow release carbs and I am fine with that.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi
    I really liked the pancakes at first – a real treat as a bit carby with no bread – I just surprised myself by realising that I hadn’t had them for a few weeks – and that I am starting to not miss ‘bready’ type things now.
    Hasn’t quite worked when I see nice cake, but I will get there!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Heya Stabber — bread is for dessert — ha ha no seriously, I now eat a bit (1/4 slice) of bread with butter as a treat! It’s better than cake when you have not eaten bread for six months! Reached goals and am on maintenance). You will find it faster and easier to go cold turkey on the bread front. And, as a bonus, when you do eat a bit, it will be an amazing experience. Make sure you eat fantastic quality artisanal bread — don’t waste calories on that pre-sliced rot.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

I have not eaten bread for 5 months. But, if you need to, use oats for bread.

Spelt is easy to digest, but still has gluten in it.

Or you could tell the Pillsbury DoughBoy to stop eating his products!

Almost a Cary Grant Style Stud.

PrincetonianStud

Please log in or register to post a reply.