What am I doing wrong

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jrdunn
    on

I am currently on day 9 of the BSD and weight lost has STOPPED. for the first 4-5 days was loosing good weight but now nothing. Have increased my exercise and have being watching everything I eat very closely but nothing.
    On day 1 started at 116 and by 4 had lost a great 4 Kg’s but since then NOTHING!!!

I am sure I am doing everything correct. My food is normally;

Brunch;

Either – VLCD shake or Large grilled mushroom with grilled egg

Dinner
    Either Grilled chicken, steamed fish, or steak with vegetables and some cauliflower rice
    lots of water and 1-2 black coffees and some tea with a bash of milk

Please help this eating plan is hard to follow and the promised weight loose has spotted!

Thanks
    Jeff

• posted by Izzy
    on

make sure your shake is a low carb one. aside from that don’t worry, many of us had this experience but the weight does start to move again. Just keep eating the right stuff 🙂

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

I’d say you were on your monthly and retaining water but with a name like Jeff that’s probably not the case!

Other than the shake which as Izzy says may not be as low carb as you want, yr diet looks good. Water water and more water. And it will shift . I have had a slow down in week 4 but I know I have had a few too many carbs last week. Am back on it now.

• posted by Sassie
    on

Everyone is different and we lose weight or change our shape at different rates. Temporary plateaux are not unusual. I have lost 4.6kg in 4 weeks. Not able to exercise due to disability but am eating 800-900 cals a day and drinking 3-4 litres a day. I am happy with a slower progress. You have done really well, keep it up.

• posted by sugarfree
    on

Hi. I reckon you need some fat..looks a little on the low fat side. Add some avocado or a bit of cheese. Keep going. I am 20 weeks in and my life has changed so much. 🙂

• posted by Choccy Holic
    on

I am on day 16 and weightloss has stopped. My bsl’s were way down, between 5 and 5.5 fasting and under 5 post meals. I had a ‘normal’ day on friday and since then my bsl’s have been over 7 fasting and between 6 and 7 post meals. I know these arent ‘bad’ numbers but I’m intrigued and wonder why a ‘day off’ has impacted my bsl’s. That was 5 days ago. Only eating 50g carbs or less (from veges only) and doing 16:8. Calories definitely below 800. Weightloss not happening after initial fluid loss of 2.5kg. Am I doing something wrong????

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Chocky Holic – probably nothing!
    Lots of people report experiencing a plateau at some point in the first few weeks – for me it was quite early, I think day four or five, and continued for about ten days – but even though my weight wasn’t shifting, I did notice clothes getting looser.
    I know there’s a feeling of disbelief that only 800 calories, more exercise, no bread.potatoes etc etc… how can you not loose weight! But it will kick in again, stick with it.

The only other thing to think about – quite a lot of people report problems with constipation – of that may be an issue, use the search box in the top right of the screen, there are several threads on the subject.

good luck

• posted by jrdunn
    on

Thanks for the replies. I have copied the details for the VLCD shake I am using below. Normally out some blue berrys and strewberrys in it to make it taste better. Will stick it and see how I go. Have been drinking a lot try and get through at least 2* 750 water bottles plus 3-4 cups of green and black tea so fluids are up

Qty Per Serving (40g)
    Energy 618Kj
    148kCal
    Protein 17.1g
    Fat (Total) 1.0g
    Fat (Saturated) 0.2g
    Carbohydrate (Total) 17.7g
    Sugars 16.0g
    Sodium 362mg
    Potassium 667mg
    Vitamin A 200μg
    Vitamin C 25mg
    Thamine (Vitamin B1) 0.5mg
    Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 0.7mg
    Niacin (Vitamin B3) 6mg
    Calcium 210.5mg
    Iron 6mg
    Vitamin D3 1.7μg
    Vitamin E 4mg
    Vitamin B6 0.7mg
    Folic Acid 133μg
    Vitamin B12 1μg
    Phosphorus 265mg
    Iodine 50μg
    Magnesium 117mg
    Zinc 5mg
    Copper 0.4mg
    Biotin 67μg
    Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) 2.9mg
    Manganese 0.6mg
    Chromium 27μg
    Selenium 7μg
    Molybdenum 33μg

• posted by Cathy93
    on

Drink Water. Your weight loss will stall if not. You could use a hydration calculator such as https://www.beverageinstitute.org/article/hydration-calculator/
    I now aim for 2.7L a day and it makes a huge difference
    Try to keep your carbs below 50g a day.
    And although it goes against all the we have learnt, increase the amount of fat in your diet. So use some butter and oil in your cooking. You will fuller and it will help your body to loose weight.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi jrdunn
    not sure if you’re t2 but the one thing in the shake that screams out is Sugars 16.0g
    I’d be trying to find a shake lower in sugars or drop them altogether and use the recipes on the site.

• posted by buttons
    on

Dear ChoccyHolic
    “My bsl’s were way down, between 5 and 5.5 fasting and under 5 post meals. I had a ‘normal’ day on friday and since then my bsl’s have been over 7 fasting and between 6 and 7 post meals”
    I am very confused…when you have fasted there should be very little sugar in your blood and your fasting levels should be lower than your post meal levels. When you have eaten the levels will always rise and should be higher than a fasting level. Why do your levels do the opposite and raise before meals and drop after?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Buttons
    I wouldn’t worry too much about the fasting readings as they will always have the dawn effect influence, I concentrate on pre and post meal readings. The thing is, if you have a long fast and don’t eat until lunchtime, your pre meal reading can still be affected by that pesky dawn effect. I’ve found several time that my post meal reading is lower than pre meal because of the long fast (I don’t eat breakfast)

• posted by Irishgirl
    on

Don’t give up hope! I am now in week seven and had a loooong plateau for a week and a half and now seeing some really positive results. Have lost 25lbs but more importantly feel great and it is so nice to find clothes at the back of the wardrobe which now fit.

Feeling incredibly positive today (which started with Izzy’s raspberry shake recipe – which is lush) and really looking forward to going on hols next week. Will try and stick with it but even if I fall off wagon occasionally am now convinced that this is a long term change in my approach to food.

Thanks to all on the forums, you are all inspirational – love reading the posts. Hope Wales win this evening.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Yay for liking my shake 🙂 Try using strawberries instead… or leave out the yoghurt and add lots of ice – it turns out the consistency of a slush puppy, but still tasting like a shake. Lovely on a hot day.

Please log in or register to post a reply.