Weight loss plateau?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by henrywadd
    on

Hello there.

I am coming to the end of week 2 of 8 and enjoying it very much.

So far i have lost 1stone 1.5lbs which I’m over the moon about. However most of that was lost in week one. For the last 4 days weight loss has stopped.

My start weight was 22 stone. However I am pretty fit and active. I see a personal trainer twice a week for a pretty intense bootcamp style workout and my job is active too.

I have been following the recipes in the book and counting my calories on an app.

Is this a normal progression in weight loss. For the last few days I have found it frustrating.

Any advice or am I worrying about nothing.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

We all had a plateau experience and many of us had several. It is so difficult to burn lots of fat that early looses are mostly fluids, but when fat burning begins in earnest there is no need to worry. Drinking enough fluid is vital. Checking you carbs input is too and as you exercise yo may build some muscle to offset the loss in fat but all of this takes time. The principles are sound so stick with them, don’t snack and read the books again until you have changed the way you live and eat. It works and most of us lost lots of weight and gained a lot in health terms. Time passes slowly when you are waiting for something as big as the results you will eventually see. Do not despair, it takes effort and trust, but will be OK.

• posted by Maefly
    on

I have lost more weight in the last three days than I did in the preceeding two weeks. I have not changed a great deal, mainly keeping the carbs down. I think my body just goes through phases of not letting go of the lard. I have been dieting since January and completed 4 weeks of the BSD. I have always had ups and downs but my average loss has doubled on the BSD so I am very happy. It sounds like you are pleased with your loss so far and enjoying the diet, trust in yourself, the fat will go. One other thing I find helpful is you. When I am feeling demotivated I come on the forum and either ask for help, or offer it to others. Keep at it!

• posted by henrywadd
    on

Thanks to both of you. I’m not giving up, it’s kind of made me more determined! I’m already feeling in control of food. I feeling I have never had.

• posted by Grandma1235
    on

I’m glad to join the group. I’m finishing up week four today. I lost 12 pounds in three weeks, but this week, nothing. Your comments have encouraged me. I fully intend to complete the 8 weeks and I hope eventually to get off some of my current medication and lose enough weight to feel healthy before my 70th birthday.

• posted by henrywadd
    on

I am now in week 4. All going very well. Week 1 12.5lb loss, week 2 6lb loss, week 3 7lb loss!!! I am also training hard 3 times a week with a personal training. Building lots of muscle and losing lots of inches!!
    I am half way through 4 and only 1.5lb loss so far. But thats ok!!

• posted by Frog
    on

sounds like its going well Henry – 1.5 is more than half of the 2.6 that you lost in week 2 – and muscle is more dense than fat.
    I’ve really increased my exercise levels this week – some gym, mostly walking

• posted by henrywadd
    on

yes all going really well. However I lost 6 lbs in week 2 and 7lbs i week 3. But still on track!!

• posted by henrywadd
    on

End of week 5. Another 6.5lbs lost. 36.5lbs in total!!!

• posted by Timmy
    on

Well done. That’s excellent. Keep it up!

• posted by henrywadd
    on

Cheers Timmy !!

Please log in or register to post a reply.