Weighing?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GinaBell
    on

I have read the book and I am keen to try the 800 but I don’t want to weigh everything I eat. I have two toddlers to look after. Has anyone done this and roughly estimated things and lost weight? Cheers

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

I do so feel for you. Unfortunately it is very, very easy to underestimate calories in something like a piece of cheese. Personally I have found that guessing only works if you restrict yourself to salads with no dressing or similar. It’s only for a few weeks, and you might find the weight loss reward makes the weighing a bit less of a chore. A lot of things don’t really need to be weighed, only the calorie dense. Good luck

• posted by Avila
    on

I did it Aug/Sept without weighing but keeping small portions and principles. I Lost 12 kg 10% body weight, my dog was taking me for regular walks. Been too loose with it since then, but trying to get refocused.

The 800 cal is the best for quickest weight loss and blood sugar reset – but can be higher cal so you can follow this plan without being too strict, be slower etc but if it fits with your life better and can stick at it then only good.

We need to manage this in daily life, so whatever helps you do that is fine.

• posted by GinaBell
    on

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. I started today and have taken on your advice and have been weighing and calculating. You are right it’s easy to underestimate and the calories add up. I think I have done pretty well today. I made 3 recipes from the book. Recommend chicken and asparagus salad and the salmon with lemon, soy, oyster, ginger marinade. Yum! I also did a Zumba class and a 10 min bike ride and ran around with kids in backyard. A good start. Thanks for your support. Keeping going everyone!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on making a positive start GinaBell. Glad you decided to weigh and measure, as I found that it really helps you to see what a portion size should be and – as you say – how the calories mount up. I have been weighing and measuring so long now, it doesn’t seem a chore – the scales are on the kitchen bench as a permanent fixture now. And now if I am eating out, I have a good feel for whether I am eating too much or not.

Hope you will soon be posting some positive results for us to read.

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

There’s a website called Nutrition Data Self that I use. They have detailed analysis of food, you can input your own custom food, and also track your daily calories or carbs. It’s American so fava rather than broad beans, etc. I find it easier to use than the others, but that’s probably because I have been using it for ages. I’m sure you will find keeping proper track will be worth it. Good luck

Please log in or register to post a reply.