Week Two Eve for a second time arounder…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Salamander
    on

I did this plan for the first time around March last year and failed to complete it (despite amazing results) due to a holiday (and going into holiday mode) week 5 and 6.
    New Year, new me and I am determined to take the 19lbs off I lost last time (that I have since put back on…grrrr) AND complete the 8 weeks.
    I do have a holiday at week 6 BUT this time I am determined to be prepared and NOT slip into full holiday mode.
    I have also managed to convince the family to join me which makes it easier all round but this does require a lot more planning as I have a fussy eater at my table.
    Now on the eve of week 2, as I sit here drinking my still water (sparkling out the window now thanks Michael M and the Trust Me team😂) I’m really looking forward to finding out what the scales say tomorrow and looking forward to getting my teeth into Week 2!
    I CAN DO THIS!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Salamander – your name seems familiar, so I’m sure that’s from your last time around. Hopefully, this will be the last time round, you will achieve your goal and be able to maintain. Great that you have decided to give the BSD another go and that you have the support and commitment of your family too, which hopefully will help – even with a fussy eater as well.

Speaking from experience, the secret to keeping things under control whilst on holiday, is to try your best to make choices applying the BSD principles. Of course, you will want to have the occasional wine, cake, ice cream, etc. but don’t allow that to become the norm. Whilst away the aim is to be in maintenance, may be with the ultimate goal to get back to the Fast 800 again afterwards.

Good luck to you as you embark on Week 2 and hopefully we will see you on other threads soon as well.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Or don’t eat any of that stuff period. I spent 8 days in Rome and never touched pasta, bread, rice, potatoes, wine, alcohol in general, desserts or anything else carby. It wasn’t even that hard and I was surrounded my friends and family who ate mountains of pasta at every meal. It is by no means inevitable or a requirement that you give up your goals because you’re on holiday. It’s just a mindset that holds you back. Keep your eyes on the prize, enjoy all the lovely BSD-friendly foods at your disposal and ignore the rest. You are not a slave.

Good luck, Salamander!

• posted by Salamander
    on

SunnyB and Esnecca. Thank you so much for your words of advice and encouragement. I am determined not to fall over this time and see the 8 weeks through and then plan to convert to the 5:2 way of life.

I weighed this morning and lost 8lb in week one, but even better, my constant hunger seems to have eased. What’s not to like?

So I go into week 2 not only happy but also determined. And you are right, I am not a slave and will not be beaten by a looming holiday. Thanks once again.

• posted by bridgetreilly
    on

What’s wrong with sparkling water?!!

• posted by bridgetreilly
    on

Thanks!

I looked at the link and it seemed to suggest that for fizzy water (rather than fizzy sugary drinks) the difference is quite small. I think I’ll stick with fizzy water for the moment.

• posted by MARG38
    on

Hi,

I am a second timer too after falling of the rails – I am hoping to start again and this time complete the eight weeks and follow through with maintenance. I love reading your inspiring posts and reading the recipes – I am hoping I will succeed this time.

• posted by Gattina
    on

I’m a second timer too – but new to the forums. I did the 800 calorie diet last year, stuck to it rigidly and lost 2.5 stones. My blood sugars went down and almost normal. But after the diet I found it hard switching to a more sustainable eating pattern and binged for the rest of the year 🙁
    I now resolve to make it work this time – this is my second week and so far so good.
    I look forward to hearing and sharing updates – and good luck with the holiday.

Please log in or register to post a reply.