Week 9

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Trees
    on

I’ve just finished week 9 — lost two stone and enjoying the diet. I know that it was only meant to be for 8 weeks but I’m not sure if I can trust myself going back to a ‘ regular’ diet.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Trees
    congratulations on a great weight loss!
    I amongst others, intend to stay on the diet after the 8 weeks is up and one of the members contacted the team to check that this would be ok, the answer was if you are feeling good, by all means stick with tit for a few more weeks before going to 5:2
    I can’t ever see myself going back to what I used to call normal food, why would I ? The food I’ve been eating this last 7 weeks is delicious.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Trees

Brilliant weight loss. Congratulations.

I’m another one staying longer on this and have just finished week 13.

Like Bill I can’t imagine going back to the food I used to eat, or the amount I used to eat, so I’ll be around on here for a while yet as still lots of excess baggage to lose.

• posted by Trees
    on

Thank you captainlynne

I feel that I’m going into uncharted waters!! —beyond 8 weeks.
    But I have had a good weekly weight loss for 9 weeks now and I don’t want to go back to eating all those foods that were making me unwell. I can’t believe I don’t get Hungary on so few calories and also the family are used to me eating the BSD with out question as they can see my rewards —so I’m going to take it one week at a time and see how it goes —Thank you Michael for writing the book.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I think those of us who are staying on past 8 weeks are going one week at a time. It’s uncharted waters for us, so we are trailblazers (or pathfinders). All our results (and the data we are collecting) might one day be used to convince the medical profession and even (dare I say it) policy makers in government, that this is the best way for folk to . Out with the low fat, in with the low carb.

Keep posting Trees, letting us know how you’re doing.

• posted by Trees
    on

I never thought of my self as a ‘trailblazer’ but this is important you have my support and I’ll keep posting my progress.

• posted by misssay
    on

Great results Trees, fantastic loss. I will be continuing past the 8 week mark too. I have a lot to lose, so I will have to switch to something with more calories later, 5:2 or 4:3, I suppose, as realistically I cannot see me sticking to 800 calories to lose it all (around 8 stone altogether.) Having said that, I believe I am eating a better variety of food, with more nutritional value than I was before, even on ‘only’ 800 calories a day.

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi all
    Great result Trees and congratulations.
    I too am planning to stay on after the diet after the 8weeks are up, I am on week 5 now. I also have about 8 stone to lose. I plan to do the 8weeks again and your over the line post are all so encouraging and helpful to read. It feels so strange I don’t feel like I’m on a diet I’m having such lovely food I can honestly say I don’t miss the bread, potatoes, rice or cakes but still have to keep telling myself I don’t like chocolate!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Sharon.

I think that’s why so many of us are drawing on gnus after the 8 weeks – it doesn’t feel like a diet! Even on the 800 calories I’m eating better, healthier food so why should I want to change that?

I’ve just under 4 stone left yo lose, having already lost 37 pounds so I’ll be around on here for some time.

• posted by misssay
    on

Hi Lynne,
    I have puzzled on this, but can’t work it out – ‘drawing on gnus’ ?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi misssay. Sorry, I missed that😱

Should read ‘staying on this’.

Although drawing on gnus could be interesting- as long as no gnus were harmed πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Bill1954
    on

If a Gnu (or Wildebeest) was to appear on the high street, most would run away, some would try to stroke it, and the WW members would be firing up the BBQ πŸ˜€

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Picture in head Bill πŸ˜ƒ Which would you be doing? LOL

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Well
    lions eat them all the time and I’ve never seen a diabetic Simba so I guess I would be in the BBQ brigade πŸ˜€
    How do you like your Gnu sir ?
    Just wipe it down, knock it’s horns off, and get it in the pan.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

LOL πŸ˜ƒ

I’ve eaten ostrich, alligator and catfish, even raw beef, but not Gnu – yet!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Ostrich and alligator made an appearance in a restarant in Cancun a few years ago.
    Raw beef ? lots of times in caspaccio or tartare
    Never catfish though
    I suppose, as it is a member of the antelope family, Wildebeest would taste on and off like venison ?

• posted by misssay
    on

This thread has become The Gnu News! At least drawing on them is calorie free. I confess Lynne, that I couldn’t remember if you were in the UK or Australia, so I did wonder if it was an Australian phrase!

I have eaten alligator and kangaroo; ostrich is on my list to try.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’m in the UK misssay.

Bill, catfish is ok. Lots of it in Deep South of USA.

Misssay, never eaten kangaroo. Ostrich is ok (when you get past thinking Big Bird), a bit like chicken.

• posted by misssay
    on

I found kangaroo similar to a very lean beef, perhaps slightly ‘liver’ tasting. I have had kangaroo burgers (wouldn’t choose them instead of beef) and kangaroo bourgninon, which was very good.

What’s that Skippy? Someone’s fallen down the well, and Misssay says you’d be good in a bourginon? (This will only make sense to those over a certain age)!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

LOL misssay. I remember it well πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by misssay
    on

*bourguignon* even. Bloomin’ predictive text wants to change it to ‘hour thigh on’ this time. Yes, of course, I can tink of dozens of sentences in which I would include the phrase ‘ hour thigh on’ !

• posted by captainlynne
    on

LOL. That was the problem I had with gnus πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by misssay
    on

πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Had a great horse steak in Feb in Spain – still often prescribed for those who are anaemic as it’s a great source of iron and extremely tasty to boot😁

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Lots of horse meat sold in Italy too. Not tried it yet.

Please log in or register to post a reply.