Week 3 hunger

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Cazza633
    on

I started 800cal three weeks ago. First week was wonderful and only had a headache day 1. I was not hungry at all and felt great. Good weight loss. Week two tougher as appetite was more obvious but managed to get through. Week 3 got harder and harder… I’m so discouraged that I’m not feeling satisfied like I did, straight after eating I get this almost constant hunger ache… anxiety is kicking in. I’m on heaps of medications so not sure if something needs to stop. Dr away until next week… Not sure what to do…. don’t want this to fail too. Help

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Cazza – sorry to hear that things aren’t going well for you. There’s a few things you could try:

Eat more of your calories as fat – fat has a wonderful effect on appetite and things like cheese, nuts and cream will hopefully keep you feeling fuller for longer
    Arrange to do something straight after a meal – walk or make a phonecall to a friend – usually it’s habit that makes us want to carry on eating.
    Increase your intake of water – especially hot drinks like herbal or fruit tea – these have an appetite supressing effect too
    Have a really good look at the carb content of what you’re eating – sometimes those hidden or uncounted carbs raise our blood sugars and kick start our appetite again.
    If it’s still relevant, check where you are on your menstrual sycle too – sometimes that can have an effect, especially as you found week 1 OK.
    and don’t worry – it may be that you will need a bit more time to get used to it – I’m on week 19 and I could still happily chomp through a chair leg some days!!!

Hope that helps x

• posted by Angela06
    on

Hi Cazza,
    I had a similar issue and as I’m not diabetic it was suggested that I increase my carbs a little ( I had cut them down to 20g) and taking them to 50g worked beautifully. Don’t go over though or you’ll end up with carb cravings….just as bad as hunger!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry to read you are struggling Cazza. The responses you have had so far are all spot on. In the early days when I was hit by bad hunger pangs, I’d have just 30g of full fat yogurt and a few raspberries – all checked off on the allowance – and that seemed to put the monster back in the box ’til my meal time. A small square of very dark chocolate might work too, as dark chocolate helps to suppress appetite.
    Good luck, I hope things improve for you soon.

• posted by toby101
    on

just posted on another thread- hunger pangs are not agony and I just tell myself it is the feeling of weight coming off – I find it a helpful bit of self-motivation and actually tends to make them go away.

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

I find the fewer carbs I eat the less hungry I feel, protein and fats make you feel fuller. But if I feel really starving I make myself a huge noodle dish using thin konjac noodles.

• posted by Plushgirl
    on

Hi cazza- I’m in the same boat…week 3….and I want to feast. I think it’s hormonal in my case, but I do feel your pain. What keeps me going is journaling/ and clear goals. If I have a bad moment… As I did tonight with a particularly nice cheese… I just think about my weightloss goals, usually it keeps me in line and when it doesn’t I just try again… This week has been harder but next week might be easier and I won’t know if I don’t push myself to get there. Wishing u strength to hang in there.

• posted by LizV
    on

Some days I do eat more if I’m really craving something or feeling physically weak. I’ve had a couple 1200 calorie days. It hasn’t slowed down my weight loss at all. I just make sure to stay within the diet. They did recommend to take supplements if you do this for more than a couple weeks. Maybe you’re needing something like that? Good luck! I hope you are able to find a good solution for you.

• posted by Cazza633
    on

thanks everyone for your advice. appreciate the support.

Please log in or register to post a reply.