Week 2 and I'm feeling hungry and weak…. Help please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Purple Lady
    on

Today is day 8 of my fast 800. I have lost 10.5 pounds so far and am delighted. I’m just wondering is it normal to feel totally exhausted and light headed? I’m also really really hungry all of the time. Will these feelings pass? Please say yes! I’m really excited about the health benefits and weight loss with this diet and don’t want to have to give up.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Yes, most of us go through a phase of feeling rotten is some way, tired, hungry, irritable etc. Some call it ‘carb flu’, you have been addicted to the sugars the carbs make and your body is rebelling. Do not give in, maybe eat a little more if necessary but something good for you like a piece of cheese (30 grams) maybe a piece of really dark chocolate which makes me feel I am indulging but staying on plan. You will get through it. Fantastic weight loss.

• posted by Purple Lady
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl. I am completely committed to this new way of eating but I’m finding it hard right now with the hunger and the weakness. I’m hoping that goes soon and I start to get more energy. My intention is to do the 8 week fast and then go onto the 5:2 but follow the Mediterranean diet for life. Roll on week 9!

• posted by Avila
    on

For me being lightheaded was a a sign that I am ready to reduce the dose of blood pressure meds as my weight had reduced so the impact was greater taking BP too low.

Then as said there is the effect of going cold turkey on the addictive sugars….

Please log in or register to post a reply.