Week 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On-a-Mission
    on

I have lost 8lbs in about 10 days. The headaches and really feeling rough have passed although I do feel hungry but not horrendously so. I have had barely any carbs and the ones I have had have been in the healthy food, not bread, rice etc.

I have had no sugar so it is as limited as it can be. Monitoring it all on Nutracheck website as I am a member there.

My blood sugar has fallen. This morning was 6.5 – it hasn’t been that low in the mornings (apart from the odd lucky hiccup) for at least a year or so.

Feeling less bloated, slightly slimmer and hopeful of continuing well.

Unfortunately I do not like the layout of this website and find it hard to navigate and use the forum so will only be on here a limited time.

It is, however, working!

• posted by toby101
    on

I am 7 days and 7 lbs down although somewhat perplexingly no discernible difference to my belly!

I am finding it surprisingly manageable except for very strong hunger pangs in the night that I think actually wake me up. I tell myself they are just the feeling of the weight coming off – like aching after exercise is the muscles rebuilding stronger…

My only diversion from the strict diet is Saturday nights when I will allow myself a bottle of wine with friends and family and perhaps a slightly bigger meal.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Toby

Don’t worry. As I progressed on this I had periods where my waist measurement dropped and my weight remained the same and vice versa. I drew the conclusion that my body was just adjusting to the new input and also that I really didn’t have a clue what was going on.

I have read that as you will lose a lot of water and then visceral fat around the organs first then they have a lower impact on your waist size especially if you have a fair amount of subcutaneous fat around the waist. Who knows if that is true.

All I know is that as long as the weight is dropping the waist size must reduce at some point.

• posted by toby101
    on

Thanks JM – I am sure you are right. Last time I did a fairly intense diet (not this one) it was the other way around initially so go figure.

I am discovering it is fizzy water that is going to get me through this – drinking litres of the stuff.

Please log in or register to post a reply.