Week 14: effects of an all inclusive holiday in Mauritius +5lbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

I mindfully over consumed and enjoyed it but feared the net weight gain might be more. There was residual glow from the BSD since I was feeling and looking fitter even after +5. Although I’ve lost my taste for excess bread, pasta etc. I found can still eat several ‘healthy’ meals per day and drink plenty of rum cocktails and SA wines without too much guilt!
    And I was always conscious that it was just a holiday thing; by the end of the hols I began looking forward to eating less again.

*Crosses fingers and backs away from slippery slope that leads to the fridge*

• posted by Switzerland
    on

You make me laugh (you know, the ‘visual’ of crossing your fingers and backing away).
    It’s great that you had a good holiday – it’s important for your well being.
    The wonderful thing is you know exactly what to do to drop the +5.
    Best wishes.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

Switz – appreciate that – like e-mails, the fridge doesn’t really need checking every few minutes, there’s nothing in there that’s really urgent. And of course ‘there’s always something there to remind me’ : meditation and exercise don’t let you stray too far…

We had a dive instructor/leader who helped my daughter through the basic scuba qualification and whose ability to connect was noticeable. I was reminded again of the scuba – mindfulness link some 25 years on since my last dive.
    It’s a bit special interest, but since we came home I accidentally discovered this programme on youtube which explains why he was so good [and mindful].
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXBbmNbk4ow

• posted by Nursebean
    on

So you’ve noticed a BIG difference in your approach to ‘naughty’ foods since you embarked on BSD then? That’s what we all hope for really isn’t it. A change in attitudes towards the foods that don’t really do us any good!

Well done!

Please log in or register to post a reply.