Volume of food

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Collie
    on

As a lifetime binge eater and comfort eater I am astounded by how little I am now eating. 2 weeks in still grappling with the plan and probably eating over 800 as do not want to be obsessed as for me this leads to all or nothing and this time I want it to be for life, gradually reducing still . However I really did eat a lot before , it was not until I went away at the a weekend with friends and watched how much they ate , mindless eating, I was shocked by my greed. I think I can say I am truly loving this eating , and if, I have a few extra calories (900) the food is unprocessed and healthy and fresh.
    So far 7lbs down , 2 inches off my waist so my measurements are out of sync with my weight .Problems for me are accepting less volume , increasing my water and mouth hunger. But the biggest change is the mind clarity ,less foggy thinking which at my age 56 has been a problem. I think we should collectively produce a recipe book for one portion meals , any ideas anyone! Thanks for all your post definitely helping me .πŸ™‹πŸ»πŸΎπŸ’œ

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

That sounds like a good plan, my first few weeks had days with over 1000 but by the end I averaged 846/day and only 28.4 gm/day of sugars whereas when I started the first day I counted over 90 gms of sugar. Stick with the “guidance and principles” and I am sure you will continue to shrink at a suitable pace not to mention improve the health and lifestyle factors. Good to hear success…

• posted by Marcus B
    on

Hi Collie, that’s a fantastic loss for two weeks… practically an entire new born baby πŸ˜‰ Good work!

I’m a big eater too and do really love a big meal – I’ve struggled a bit with keeping portion sizes down but hit on a winning solution for when I really feel like I need to fill up; I cook up a mountainous stir-fry of above ground veg and diced tuna steak (lean meat or quorn should work too).

Mushrooms, peppers, asparagus, spinach, pak choi, spring onion or whatever takes your fancy – fried in garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, lemongrass , Tamari soy sauce and Thai fish sauce. I like a to add some citrus too; lime juice seems to work well with the tamari and chilli.

It can be served in a bowl with the juices as a broth or drained before serving and the juices kept for a cup-a-soup style snack if you like intense salty broths like I do πŸ™‚

I use 250g of Tuna steak and as much veg as I feel like chopping. It makes two hearty portions around 300cals or one enormous meal around 600cals.

I’m a bit of a creature of habit so I’ve eaten variations on this quite a lot and so far lost 23lbs in six weeks. I’ve exercised and drunk lots of water too – but I’m pretty sure (even if, like me, you eat a lot of it) you can’t go too far wrong with fish and veg.

Hope the rest of your journey goes well, you sound like you’ve made a fantastic start πŸ™‚

• posted by Athorn223
    on

Great Job Collie! Like Marcus said, the veggies can definitely help if volume is what your missing. Great recipe Marcus!

As for the water intake, it’s been vital for me to help curb cravings, hunger, and weight loss. Try making the water interesting. There are plenty of water enhancers available in stores, just watch out for hidden sugar. You could add lemon or cucumber to your water and even try sparkling. I wasn’t drinking much before but now I use it to help fill me up.

Lastly, I used to be a mindless eater try celery stalks, or crunchy lettuce, or even carrots. There was a period early on where I was just missing some crunch that those things helped. I’m 3 weeks in. Last week was a struggle but this week is going much better. Keep it up!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Collie, yes, I have had the same thoughts too — the amount of food I am eating is so tiny compared to the “wodges” (BSD term) I was eating before. It is actually sort of wild — I am having four pecan nuts for a snack and being reasonably satisfied! I am amazed by the difference, but also amazed that I wasn’t even FATTER before!! Makes me appreciate how hard my body has been working to keep me at a balanced weight and how much I was pushing it every day. Also, at age 60, I have also experienced the mental clarity of this diet — not a single foggy day or mentally “tired” day — which I also ascribe to the scant amounts of alcohol I have been able to justify (LOL!!πŸ˜„)

• posted by Collie
    on

Thank you all for your replies very up lifting and helpful, have just bought some freezer pots and will batch cook great idea. Just need to get it in freezer fast!!! I laughed at the comment of losing a baby in weight, great visual , made me chuckle . I just need to loose a nursery full of them now but as I always joke I like children just can’t eat a whole one !!!!
    Cheers for making me laugh .

Please log in or register to post a reply.