Trouble sleeping since starting BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by R2020
    on

Hi all, I’m 2 and half weeks in, have lost 7lb and fasting blood sugar has dropped from average 6.6 to average 5.8 in the 2 weeks. So pleased, amazed in fact! BUT ever since I cut out carbs and reduced calories I am having trouble sleeping. I feel restless from about 3am onwards and often have very vivid weird dreams. Did anyone else find this happened at the beginning? Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi R2020, Welcome to the site. Yes, many people experience changes in sleep patterns, some good some not so bad. Just know it will settle down in a few weeks. Great to hear about your BG dropping, surely that is worth a few restless nights.

• posted by R2020
    on

Thank you sunshine girl. Yes I’m so pleased with the diet so far but the disturbed sleep is catching up with me and I feel exhausted this week…. Will power will be tested if I remain this tired, with 2 kids to pick up that after school energy slump is my danger zone! I hope you’re right that it does settled down again in a few weeks.

on

Another thing that can disturb sleep is having to get up during the night to pee. It just means the diet is working and your body is releasing the soluble fat from your body. This too calms down and it is important to replace that fluid with plenty of water or other drinks (tea coffee soup etc). Hope it settles soon, I am a bad sleeper and I know that sometimes I would rather not go to bed than lie awake but we have to get through it.

on

I tried camel milk but it just gave me the hump. Reporting Mark as he is advertising.

• posted by Verano
    on

Above post reported

Please log in or register to post a reply.