Tracking errors – ideas needed

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi all

I’ve recently discovered that the app I use to track my macros (Lose It) is not as I believed automatically adding the fibre onto the total carbs, which means my net carbs are higher than I thought. This is not drastically awful because my nets are still under 50g every day and I am still losing weight (16.5lbs in 4.5 weeks) so I don’t think I seem to have a problem with insulin resistance, but I was wondering if people could give me some ideas for some very low carb meals as I’m struggling to reduce it further!

I don’t eat breakfast (I 16:8 TRE overnight) and tend to split my calories roughly evenly over lunch (at 1pm) and dinner (usually by 7pm). I cook everything from scratch bar the occasional stir fry sauce (all accounted for) and mostly eat whole foods with very little processed meat etc. I can’t stand fish (I’ve tried!!) and for protein eat mostly chicken breast or pork tenderloin with occasional lean mince turkey or beef thrown in, I also like pulses but know these need to be limited due to the carb content so if I include them as part of a meal it is a small part. I like all kinds of nuts as well, not keen on Greek yoghurt but I do eat the Greek style yoghurt we can get in the UK, I also love green vegetables and gentle spices, and I will tolerate eggs but I’m not keen to make them more a part of my diet than they are – I have a tendency to get very sick of eggs and then I can’t eat them for months. I eat very little fruit so I know that isn’t bringing the carbs up, occasional berries but nothing more than that – this is actually just because I don’t really like fruit rather than the sugar, I prefer to eat plenty of veg. I do like tomatoes, both fresh and tinned and I use a lot in my cooking – I’m sure this is probably something I need to cut down. I’m not eating any grain at the moment, and have not been eating huge quantities of root veg – just the occasional piece of carrot. I weigh everything and track meticulously. I’m also sticking to 2-3L plain water a day even though it makes me feel uncomfortably full and bloated! My calories average around 750-800 (never going over 800) a day

To give an idea of a ‘typical’ food day for me it would be:
    Breakfast – none – glass of water
    Lunch – egg ‘wrap’ (made with 2 eggs filled with some salad leaves and 30g grated cheddar. 5 roasted almonds, glass of apple cider vinegar in sparkling mineral water
    Dinner – chicken mince meatballs (handmade with just the mince) with a homemade tomato sauce and lots of green veg – e.g. cabbage, brussel sprouts etc.

Most days look quite similar to that, I sometimes have Greek style yoghurt with a tiny portion of homemade low sugar granola (each portion has 5g carbs in total including non-sugars) for lunch instead. DInner is always cooked and homemade with veg being the primary component.

I’m not particularly hungry on the diet so I’m not worried about being more filling just would like some more ideas for ways to reduce carbs even further!

Any suggestions welcome!

Lauren

Please log in or register to post a reply.