Today was a blip

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by filmother
    on

Today has not been a good day and I made a bad choice when out and about. I went to Pret while hungry and pick up a coconut porridge 833 cals!!!!! Learn and move on, I still have a new body shape to aim for.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

It happens, move on, this diet is forgiving if you get straight back to it.

• posted by filmother
    on

Thank you for the support sunshine-girl, at least it was food with nutritional value. Back on it as I am only halfway through my journey and can feel the changes in the way my body works.

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Filmother my blip was yesterday. Hubby has been incredibly supportive over the last nearly seven weeks so I decided to treat him to macaroni cheese. All well and good but my willpower crumbled and I succumbed to a good few spoons of it. Less than an hour later I had scoffed a Cadbury Boost, a Snicker and a Mars Bar. 1500 calories and 103 carbs. I am absolutely disgusted with myself.
    I have learnt a very valuable lesson and I have no intention to repeat this mistake. Why did I do it? I have no answer to that. None other than a complete loss of self-control and respect for myself.
    Today I am spending the whole day cleaning while doing a 36 hour water fast. This is to help undo the damage. My sense of shame is profound.
    Wishing you all the very best.

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hey Buttermeup!! don’t despair. As sunshine-girl says, it happens. One meal or even a day of off-plan eating isn’t enough to derail you – not even close. It’s only if you give up because you think you “failed” that the damage will be done. You took a detour – you learned something, now, you’re back on your chosen path and moving along. It happens to all of us at some point and it just means we’re human.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

The worst thing you can do is say ‘oh, ive blown it now, will start again on Monday’. Now, today is the time to restart. I have often started a diet on Monday failed by Tuesday and stuffed my face before my next attempt, usually with another pound or two to lose. That’s why they say diets dont work, because we never actually go on them. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Buttermeup
    on

Thanks for that Phreckles 🙂 I’m definitely back on track now and I’ve been feeling a lot better as the day has progressed.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Glad to hear you are feeling better, buttermeup, I also went off piste yesterday after 4 days of saintliness, but unlike you I don’t have the willpower to do a 36 hour fast so my hat is off to you!! It shows how much strength you actually do have, that’s the important thing in all this! Well done on stopping, I say!

Please log in or register to post a reply.