Time to stop messing around

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marjorie
    on

I have been playing at being on the BSD since the beginning of the year and it’s time to do it properly. I am T2 diabetic, 3 stone overweight and do no exercise. I followed this plan last year and lost 16lbs in 6 weeks, went on holiday and went back to my old ways when I came back. I have planned my meals for the next week and have made my lunch for tomorrow. I am determined to do this! 😀

• posted by Phreckles
    on

Hi Marjorie,
    I can FEEL your determination – love it!! I, like you, did really well last year – lost 30 lbs. I was following the 5:2 plan at that point. Went on holiday for six weeks, came back and continued to eat and drink as though I were on the trip but didn’t exercise at all – I gained almost all of it back between then and now. I started BSD 800 this past Thursday and am feeling pretty good about it. Lost 6 lbs so far – my motivation is visualizing myself in smaller clothes – seeing myself doing my favorite activities and looking and feeling good doing them. I love to hike, I love to camp. I picture myself easily climbing over a difficult trail, or quickly and gracefully getting in and out of my tent. It helps when temptation is put in your way.
    Best of luck to you but you KNOW you can do this.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Meal planning seems to be the key. I did the diet last year – didn’t ever feel really hungry or deprived of certain foods, so should have found it quite easy to stick to. As soon as I stopped planning meals, I started buying carby foods again and eating pasta or sandwiches as an easy option. I’m planning to do more planning this time!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on taking the decision to get back to the BSD, Majorie. Having done it before, you know A) what to expect and B) that you can do this. Be sure to weigh and measure both yourself and everything you consume and record it.

I have been on the BSD on and off for a year now, 7wks initially then two months on an extended vacation; a further two months on the BSD followed by 7wks vacation; 6wks back on the BSD and then a long break into January for the festive season. However, by sticking to the BSD principles on the non-800 weeks, I only gained a couple of pounds when I took a break and ‘maintained’, but I am only now approaching my target weight.

I guess what I want to convey, is if you stay focused and remember this is really a way of life and not just a diet, you will be able to succeed and maintain your new weight once you get there. Good luck and keep us posted.

• posted by Marjorie
    on

Thanks folks. I’m exactly the same when I don’t meal plan Patsy. Glad to hear that you’re back on track Phreckles. You’ve hit the nail on the head SunnyB -it is a lifestyle change and I really need to get my head around that. I am determined this time. I know it works and I’m not going to let anyone scupper it, including myself!

Please log in or register to post a reply.