Three weeks on the 800 BSD and putting weight back on. Ahhhhhhhh

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gsy Girl on a mission
    on

Hi everyone, I lost 6lbs in the first two weeks and did not feel deprived at all. I have stuck to it but struggled this third week and have put 2lbs back on. I have already dropped my slow release glicazide and one 850 metformin at lunch time. My sugar readings are between 5s and 7s, which I am really amazed by. Has anyone else had a blip like this. Any suggestions gratefully received.

• posted by Elehisie
    on

I guess you’d have to asses your initial weight for a guess on whats happening. if you’re very close to normal BMI, or on the normal BMI range it becomes harder to lose weight. But theres more to it. You lost 6lbs the first week and bow on the 3rd week you’re struggling. Well, first guess I have for you is since you’re struggling, you may have eaten something you shouldn’t, or went above 800 cals.

I found it a lot easier to keep to the diet when doing it perfectly, meaning just don’t do what you’re not supposed to. Don’t trap yourself with the “just today” excuse and also the tiniest amount of the wrong food might kill it for a whole week, making you not lose anything or even gain a little.

Another thing you may consider is how much exactly your weight fluctuates around your period? From what you said, its the first time around so you might not be aware of that yet. I find it that right before my period my weight may go up even 5lbs. Water and stuff, ya know. Try and drink more water to keep retention to a minimum and try to weight yourself again after the period is gone. It has happened to me before both ways: my weight won’t change for an entire month and then right after my period, given my diet was perfect, it will dramatically decrease or dramatically increase when I have been “a bad girl”.

on

Thank you for the feed back Elehisie. I haven’t had the equipment for a period for five years so have no idea where my cycle is. I do 40 minutes walking a day and yoga. I will just have to try harder and see where I am going wrong. It must be what I am eating/drinking. I have always struggled with weight loss, hopefully I can make this work.

• posted by Verano
    on

Do you use a calorie/carb counter such as Fatsecret or myfitnesspal ? If you log everything you eat and drink if you have a blip you can look back to see what you were doing when you were losing, and also when you gain. Might be very interesting. Sometimes we ‘forget’ the odd item of food if we don’t log everything!!

on

End of week four 7lbs lost in total so far. The calorie counter is helping. I am now in the overweight band. Two stone to go. I think this is going to be long slog. My husband is now completely behind what I am trying to achieve. Feeling more positive than last weekend.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Are you drinking at least 2-3 litres of water (or herbal tea) per day? Are you eating enough fat? Your body needs to go into ketosis and requires the fat. Make sure you don’t eat low fat/lite products as they are loaded with sugar.
    Good luck
    Linda

on

I am struggling to drink enough but I am eating full fat. I am 5’2″ started at 12stone 3lb, I have been stuck at that weight for 10 years and could never get below that. The weight seems to be moving again, I am 11 stone 9lb this morning. I would like to lose 2 stone more to get me to the higher limit of my weight range. I will try to drink more although not enjoying cold water so am drinking hot. I am not a fan of fruit /herbal teas. Thank you to everyone for the encouragement it is appreciated and is keeping me from giving up.

• posted by SchnitzelVonKrumm
    on

Maybe you might need to look at your carb levels as you get further along in the plan?

• posted by Iwanttobeslim
    on

I find that if I put a sprig of mint and a squish of lime or lemon into my water it is less boring to drink. A couple of slices of cucumber also makes a change. I’m afraid you must be doing something to ramp up the calories, but I’m sure all will come right in the end. Good luck!

on

I thought I would check in to say I am now at 12lb loss (week six). The advice has helped immensely. I feel in control again and should cope better when I get to a plateau.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Glad you got back on it GsyGirl, it is worth it. I have only lost 17lbs in 19 weeks but I have had family visiting through August, 2 weeks holiday travelling and eating out every day, so a bit of up and down, back home with nothing to put me off track I am hoping for another 5 lbs before Christmas. Most important is the diabetes results and I am thrilled to be having daily results around 4.5 to 5.2, instead of 8’s and 9’s, so I am not complaining. Keep on keeping on…

on

Thanks. My numbers have also come down to mostly 4s now. I was taking three 850 metformin and one slow release glicazide 30. I have dropped the glicazide and lunchtime metformin. The biggest change is I am not getting a warning any more being this low. Today I was 4.4 just before lunch and 4.9 two hours after. Home made kale soup with creme fresh and a satsuma. I am trying to work out when to go back to the doctor to discuss reducing my dosage. We pay for everything over here so consider carefully when to go to the doctor as it is not much change from fifty pounds a visit.

Sunshine girl are you experiencing the same sort of thing? I am testing more now than ever because I have no indication.

Please log in or register to post a reply.