This isnt good for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Happyhols
    on

This isnt working for me and I dont know why….I am doing 800 cals to the best of my ability..I have had no bread rice pasta potatoes,pastry,crisps,biscuits,cakes or anything along those lines and am into my 4th week and only two pounds have gone!! If I ate over 1200 cals normally surely dropping to 800 ,whatever I eat, should make me lose weight……..very disheartened………but sticking to it………

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Good for you Happyhols for not giving up yet. Analyse everything you are doing. Although you don’t have the carbs you have mentioned, do you record all your carbs/cals, eg using something like myfitnesspal? Hidden carbs in random foods can mount up quickly.
    My familiar war cry – how much are you drinking?
    And to quote Igorasusual who I haven’t seen around for a while, have you measured? Sometimes measurements can reduce dramatically and weight loss shows later.
    Good on losing the 2lbs, better than a gain!

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Thank you baristagirl….I am careful about my carbs,after realising fruit and veg carbs can push you over the edge….I must admit I feel much better but Inwould like to see the scales move…if Im doing without all the things I like,my glass of wine included, I want some quicker results….perhaps its because I only have 12 lbs to lose….I dont know,but BSD is not giving me the results I expected…..Im doing it properly,following all tips and hints, but a very poor result so far……onwards and upwards….

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I know the feeling happyhols….. needing those scales to shift is really important for motivation. If you only have 12lb to lose, I guess there is the side to it that it will/may come off slower. I only had 2 stone to lose and managed to lose 1 and a half within the eight weeks. The rest has slid off slowly since then, and yes, the quick result was the motivator. But what has kept it sliding off for me is the WATER. I drink and drink and it really does flush things through and assist the weight loss. I’d try to drink 3ltrs of water a day as well as my coffees etc, this is different for everyone though.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi happy hols

I feel your pain – I really do. If you look at it scientifically, you need to have a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound. If you were on 1200 and dropped to 800 your deficit is 400 per day, which means it will take you over 8 days to lose a pound. But science doesn’t always work like that and it’s such a shame you haven’t seen better results, especially when you read other posts 🙁

However I do think that baristagirls has a couple of good points. 1. You don’t have a lot to lose and so it may come off more slowly. I had 23lbs to lose and the first 12 came off fairly easily – the next 11 are proving to be stubborn as hell. 2. You do need to think about your water intake. Not tea, coffee, diet drinks but plain old water. Water retention, especially in women, is the devil! I drink 4 litres a day. I was drinking 3 but the weight wasn’t shifting – so I upped it to four for four days and I lost 2lbs. So I’ll be continuing.

It might not be any of these things, it might be all of these things – I just religiously followed the book recipes, what guide are you using to plan your meals? You might want to do a few days of shakes to regulate exactly what you’re eating?

I hope this helps a little – I’m so glad you are sticking with it, I’m sure it will shift eventually – bloody fat cells……

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Good encouraging comments baristagirl and topcac……sooooo tomorrow I will measure my water,I drink a lot of water but perhaps not enough…..positive,positive,positive………😝

Please log in or register to post a reply.