This is working!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bluebird
    on

I have followed the diet for 4 weeks only and IT WORKS!!
    Gone from 73.2kg to 66.7 = minus 6,5 kg and 8 cm around height of belly button.
    I was always eating quite healthy but too much fruit. (4-5 a day) and snacking in between.
    My crawings are more or less gone thanks to a more stable bloodsugar. I still don’t work out much. Try to have a fast walk twice a week.
    I am 54 years old non diabetic and doing this together with my husband whose belly is gone!!
    I tried 5:2 before but didn’t see results as with this 800kcal diet with little carbohydrates!
    Thank you Dr Mosley

• posted by Wally
    on

Well done bluebird. I am a similar age, height and weight to you. I’m only on day two and so far so good. However I haven’t really felt hungry which worries me slightly! I’m also following the meal plan, did you do do the recommended meal plan or make your own plan up? What did you do if you had any weak moments? I would love to lose a stone so around 6 or 7 kg. Have you reached your goal?

• posted by Bluebird
    on

Hi Yes I followed the recipes in the book. The third day I felt a bit shaky but it left quickly.
    I weigh myself every morning to see the results with a digital balance and added the weigh in the Lifesum app (free) It shows you a graph and it’s very encouraging.
    In my weak moments I have taken 5 almonds, an extra cherry tomato and tea or coffee. And to be honest one glass of wine on a weekend but not every week.
    You will not get that hungry because the portions are not small and all the chick peas and leech will fill you up.
    I recommend to write down the pages in the menue first so you quickly can find your recipe in the book.
    Good luck !
    My bottom hips and breast are much smaller now. Still waiting for my belly to look better but it’s a big difference already after 4 weeks.

• posted by Andy Tots
    on

Hi all – yes this DOES work without doubt. So keep at it!! I’m 54, 5ft 8in, pretty fit anyway but type 2 for four years. I have had bad times with Metformin – so am desperate to kick it. Hence starting the 8-week diet.
    Day nine today and I have gone from 173lbs to 163lbs. My blood was 9.6 last Monday taking tablets. I stopped taking Metformin and am now 8.2. Inches gone off my waist. Blood pressure good. Amazing.
    I have followed the meal plan in the book with a few variations of my own – lots of fish – and used an exercise bike in front of the TV to help me on my way together with Michael Moseley’s exercise regimen. Giving up the booze has been hard but the results are there for all to see.
    Snacking in the evenings is a worry but nuts and oranges help. Any other suggestions? For me though it’s not the weight it’s about getting that blood sugar level down – and keeping it down. Have others managed it from such a relatively healthy start? Any more tips? Cheers

Please log in or register to post a reply.