The night before – diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alger
    on

I need to do this diet and I just haven’t quite managed to start.
    I have so many reasons to do it but always seem to put it off to tomorrow.
    I need more energy for my 3 young children. I need to feel better and get my confidence back. If I don’t sort it out I am going to have some serious health problems coming my way. But still the urgency doesn’t motivate me. Maybe because my head is in some kind of sugar addicted fog!

I finally weighed myself today after quite some time – I am 98kg.
    That’s around 30kg extra I am carrying around.
    I am quite shocked at myself. And so I have to start tomorrow. I am going to start tomorrow.

So I thought if I wrote that somewhere and had somewhere to record my progress I will do it.

So here goes – pre diet weigh in – 98kg
    Lets see how much damage I can do in the first week!
    Game on!

• posted by Izzy
    on

DO IT!! just do it. No more thinking, no more procrastinating.

It isn’t as bad as you think, I found it much easier than I expected.

Jump on the wagon as soon as you get up in the morning try not to overthink about it, just do it.

Best of luck to you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Alger,
    It took courage for you to write this down and I would have never thought I could do it but I am on day 6 and have lost 10 lbs,, have tons of energy, no cravings, no body and joint aches at all!
    On day 2 I felt weak but that was my body figuring out where fuel was coming from as it was used to looking for carbs. By the afternoon it seemed it figured it out and energy kicked in. Since then I have felt great although I had a serious cold for about 6 hours yesterday but even that vanished with lots of water and vitamin C.
    There is lots of support here to give you inspiration and support.
    You can do it – I believe you.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Alger
    it’s out there now, you’re starting today and, like many others, you’re going to make a success of it.
    You’re not alone, everyone who has ever posted on here has those initial worries and concerns.
    Yes 800 calories doesn’t sound a lot but you will be amazed at how full you feel with no feelings of hunger once you get past the first couple of days.
    Happylifes comments above are pretty typical of people just starting and this time next week you will be in that happy position.
    Just shout out if you have any problems, everyone on the BSD wants you to succedd and share in your success.
    Happylife, great start, keep on keeping on to borrow Eurekas catchphrase. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Alger
    You can do this. After the first few days you will experience the increased energy and wonder why you ever doubted yourself. The extra energy will come in handy with 3 children to care for. Maybe caring for the children will help you take care of the exercise component of the BSD (all of that racing around after them).
    Busy mothers often put themselves last. Keep focused on the 3 principles of the BSD (the diet, exercise and mindfulness). The mindfulness section at the bottom of the forum front page can give you some tips (if you need them).
    You can be the example that you want your children to model as they grow up. Eating healthy food, exercising and caring for your whole self.
    Best wishes for your BSD journey.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi alger, welcome to the forums, as the others have said you can do this and it is best to just start! You will soon have much more energy for your kids – in fact they might have trouble keeping up with YOU!!! Some of us are like Tigger on speed on this diet lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Bill, for the kind words. We were born the same year – hey hey!! ๐Ÿ’œ

• posted by Alger
    on

Thank you all for your kind words!
    I did start the next day and after 2 weeks I have lost 3kg. Half way through my third week now.

I keep waiting to feel better but I just feel exhausted. So far resisting the temptation to reach for that quick pick me up sugar though!

Need to find a good snack to reach for in the mid afternoon.

I feel starving right before bedtime too , but don’t want to eat. Any tips to curb the hunger?!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

The first thing that springs to mind is increase your fat intake a wee bit and make sure you drink lots of water.
    Maybe try to save a few calories for a late night snack, a piece of cheese or some full fat yoghurt

Please log in or register to post a reply.