The end is in sight…..or is it the beginning ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by stingle
    on

I’m now in week 8
    Blood sugar as low as 5.4 after exercise down from 25+ in the morning . Now 9.5 in the morning
    Exercise 3 times a week dancing and loving it
    Weight loss 18 lbs
    Blood pressure 135/75 down from 165/85
    Calories average 900 per day
    No INSULIN for 7 weeks……

I feel amazing my bmi is nearly normal my energy is boundless for the first time in 12 years I’d being diabetic (3years on insulin) and for all you beginners and non believers out there IT SOMETIMES IS HARD IT SOMETIMES IS DISHEARTENING BUT IT REALLY WORKS…ITS CHANGED MY LIFE COMPLETELY . I am going on a 2 week holiday soon and intend to walk a lot and keep of the sugar as I refuse to spoil all my hard work ….. can’t believe I’m actually saying all this ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Stingle what a positive post. So many of us are reaching the 8 week line having achieved life changing results. Getting off the insulin is such an achievement. You must be so proud of yourself. ๐Ÿ™‚
    The BSD is quite easy after the first few weeks and none of us want to go back to our old way of eating.
    Your results will inspire anyone struggling through the first few days of the BSD.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Fantastic results stingle. Looking forward to seeing you in the ‘over the 8-week line and beyond’ thread.

What a brilliant post. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Stingle, I’m so pleased for you! What brilliant results! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by lauren
    on

These are incredible improvements you must be so proud of yourself ๐Ÿ™‚ and such great inspiration for all the diabetic newbies just starting out!

• posted by stingle
    on

Thanks guys. Have to say I am a bit nervous about what to do next …..do I reintroduce carbs slowly or should I just avoid them. I thought about keeping calories to say 1250 a day what do you all think is the way forward? I don’t want to be obsessive but don’t want to spoil my results ?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Stingle, my feeling is that carbs caused us all the trouble in the first place. I have increased my calories but kicked the carbs into the wide blue yonder. I may have a roast potato and a roast parsnip with my Christmas dinner, but apart from celebrations I will be keeping of them. I’m averaging about 1200 calories a day now so you should be fine building up to 1250!

I’ve been doing it now for a few weeks, I haven’t gained any weight, in fact I have lost a few ounces each week.
    I will have the occasional glass of red wine because I love it. I just want to stay well now that I am.
    If you want to introduce some carbs I would suggest introduce them slowly and in small quantities to see what happens.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by stingle
    on

Thanks good advice Hashimoto ๐Ÿ˜€ will do that and see how it goes .

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Stingle,
    Are you counting carbs? I was doing 50g per day to get my blood sugars into the non diabetic range, I’ve started having a few 60g days a week and it hasn’t affected my levels at all.
    I’m a bit hesitant to go higher as I don’t want to undo my good work and get stuck with carb cravings. I’m very happy with what I’m currently able to eat though.

• posted by stingle
    on

Hi cherrianne no I haven’t been counting carbs just calories avoiding all carbs and sugar . I am at my docs this morning …boy is she in for a shock as I haven’t seen her since before I started the bsd๐Ÿ˜€ I will see what she thinks and report back x thanks for taking the time to post appreciated

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Stingle

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at your docs appointment. Please let us know what she says. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Love to see her face!

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done, Stingle!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Brilliant Stingle, you took your future into your own hands and you changed it completely, no more worrying about how this horrid disease is going to ruin your life.
    As to moving forward, I’m strictly in the no carb camp. They got me where I was before the BSD and no way am I going back.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Stingle make the most of that first moment your doc sees you! Don’t sit down too soon, make sure he/she really sees you it’s an amazing moment when they can’t believe their eyes! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by stingle
    on

Yes it was an amazing moment and she even wrote the book down to get a copy LOL Im one happy bunny

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

stingle – you are my hero! Well Done!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Same happened to me Stingle, it’s such a wonderful moment ::

Please log in or register to post a reply.