The Diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Benns
    on

Do you have to follow the diet printed in the book for week 1, week 2 etc, or can you just pick a breakfast, lunch, dinner as long as they add to 800 ish calories ?

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello Benns

Welcome to BSD – you don’t have to follow the diet printed in the book. I did my own thing following the principles of the BSD way of eating. I am a strict vegetarian. This forum is brilliant for tips and helpful advice. BSD works. I didn’t lose as much weight as some in my first 8 weeks – I lost 17.5 lb but I have been following this way of eating since January and have lost 40 lb. There are some fantastic people on here who have lost enourmous amounts of weight and kept it off. You’re in good company.

• posted by Benns
    on

Thank you very much, I had forgotten in the stress of being newly diagnosed but my cholesterol is also high at 7.1 is the blood sugar diet likely to help with that ?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Some people have found that their cholesterol ratio has improved, others have reported an overall rise maybe related to increase in dairy consumption, but not usually during the strict 800 calorie phase. Many of the BSD friendly foods do support an improvement in levels of ‘good’ cholesterol.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have reported the post from mikeben10

Please log in or register to post a reply.