The afternoon before the day of the diet

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by feltwicked
    on

Hi all, my partner and I are sbout to embark on the BSD tomorrow morning. We’re definitely looking forward to it. My big issue is the fact that I’m a shift worker with 4 days of midnight (tonight) to 8:00am followed by 3 days of afternoon shifts 1600 to 2400. The weird times makes it difficult to coordinate the complex recipes in the book, but we’re working that out beforehand, ie right now. I’ll keep you posted on our progress. Goodbye type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure (me) and excess weight (Jeanette and I).

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi feltwicked, welcome to the forums ๐Ÿ™‚
    Congratulations to you and OH for starting this diet tomorrow.

You don’t need to follow the complex recipes in the book for your packed meals for work. Just follow the principles!

Ideas for packed meals:
    Dips and crudite
    Salad with ham/egg/tuna/salmon/chicken/beans etc
    No carb ploughmans – from book
    Full fat yoghurt and berries
    Piece of cheese and celery and apple
    Soup in a flask
    Couple of boiled eggs and some nuts

Lots of things you can have that are easy to prepare – the single pots of Fage full fat yoghurt don’t need any prep!

There are a few shift workers on these forums following this diet so you are not alone! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi feltwicked
    Welcome to you both. Lots of help here. Look at past topics in forums.
    As you lose weight etc your sleep should be better. A big + for any shift worker ( I did it years ago ). Keep posting & good luck

• posted by Saga
    on

Hi there,

I’m the partner of feltwicked and thought I would update on our progress of the diet!

It’s been nearly 3 weeks so far and we’ve been doing okay on the weight loss (around 5 kg for me after 2 weeks). We stuck to the menu plan for the first week, just to get the feel of the diet, and now we’re choosing things randomly from it and starting to ‘go it alone’ so to speak. I have to say that I haven’t felt intensely hungry between meals at all, or been craving for bread and sweet things (something of which I was slightly apprehensive because I just love those things ๐Ÿ™‚ ). The only concern I really have is not to go too far over the 800 calorie mark.

Most importantly though, my partner’s blood readings have been steady, around the 5 mark, which is really, really encouraging, and his blood pressure has been in the normal range as well! Another interesting thing I’ve noticed personally is that my joints don’t feel as ‘creaky’. I mean it’s kind of like I’ve had a grease and oil change. Amazing!

• posted by LindaA
    on

That’s fantastic Saga and Feltwicked, well done. A lot of us have found the same as you that the cravings and hunger pangs just go. I hit the end of 4 weeks tomorrow and am so far 7.9kg down and feel great. I’ve still got 12kg to go to reach my recommended weight, but I’m on this for life!๐Ÿ˜€ Keep it up.

• posted by Saga
    on

Thanks LindaA. Nearly 8 kg in 4 weeks is not too shabby ๐Ÿ™‚

Thursday is our weigh in day (or at least we decided to do that every Thursday) so it will be interesting to see whether we’ve lost more at the same rate we have been losing it. Oh, and I’m also measuring the waistline every week. I definitely have a lot more weight to get off. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.