Taking the plunge…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LittlePod
    on

… but a couple of queries. I have never been able to eat cheese or ‘fatty’ foods. When growing up I had gold top milk (full cream), and ate butter however cheese always a no no; but when about 15 suddenly could not tolerate either anymore, not even cream. I can eat yoghurt however. So what can I use instead of butter and cheeses? I do appreciate BSD isn’t just about dairy fats but I do appreciate their value.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Littlepod, Firstly, can you eat oils. Can you get a pure oil margerine in Oz, something that is not over processed. Then there are oils for cooking, if you cant use certain ones there are lots on the market but stay away from things that say corn oil. Being a diabetic I have what is known as a diabetic stomach and get intolerances to lots of things. They come and then they just go. For a few years I couldnt eat or drink anything dairy. No milk, cheese, yoghurts etc. I soon found other milks although I went for soya at the time now would avoid it due to something hormonal in it but still you can find almond etc. Cheese, I developed a taste for goats and ewe cheeses – not the white chalky stuff but there are lots of good alternatives. Yoghurts I was again using soya and would still as one a day or every couple of days should be okay. Cant really remember what the general problem with soya is/was. Hope that helps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.