Taking a little time out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Hi all, I’m taking a bit of time off the plan. Probably just a few days, we’ll see how I go. I have been placed on loads of antibiotics for some infections that have been making me feel progressively more ill for a while now – typical of me to try to ignore it for too long! I was feeling better with the 800 diet, but couldn’t ignore it any longer.

I feel quite unwell just now and think I need to focus on getting my health up to speed before I have another go. I’ll see how many days it takes for the antibiotics to kick in, and then decide whether to carry on from where I was, or restart the 8 weeks.

In the best tradition of the terminator…

I’ll be back!!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sorry to hear you’re not well jpscloud. As you say, getting back to full health has to be your priority. Might I suggest though that rather than come off plan altogether, you just forget about counting calories. Stick to low carb and keep your fat up and your protein moderate. You have nothing to gain by reintroducing carbs (no pun intended)but you might surprise yourself that you could still lose weight just by following the med principles. Eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi jpscloud,
    Janet’s idea is a great one especially as, infections aside, you say you were much better.
    Take the stress off your body by staying low carb but don’t worry about the calories. Rest and take care of yourself and hopefully those antibiotics will work very quickly.
    Stay in touch, wishing you a speedy recovery.

• posted by Spirit
    on

Get well soon jpscloud. You need to look after yourself for a while I think.

Hope to see you back posting in due course x

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Thank you lovely folks. I did turn to comfort food yesterday but hopefully didn’t do too much damage.

I’ve thrown away the remainder of it – that’s really good advice Janet, I’m not very hungry at the moment so will just eat good quality food and not worry about weighing everything.

Please log in or register to post a reply.