Sugar free jelly?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hawkeye1
    on

Hi guys

Well just finished week 1 and lost 7lbs! Very pleased! However although I am getting on well I still miss a pudding (tut, tut). How do we stand with sugar free jelly? I have avoided anything sweet so far, except a few crushed raspberries in yogurt but really feel like adding something in that will not ruin all my hard work?

Ideas please!!

• posted by Zandranna
    on

Crushed raspberries and a few raisins are containing my sweet urges. Although the raspberries aren’t really sweet. They are in fact a little sour, but they do help.

You have done so well with 7lb in one week. That’s amazing.

I have no idea about sugar free jelly. I’m not a jelly eater so have never even heard of it, but wouldn’t it contain some other type of sweetener instead of sugar?

• posted by JenC
    on

I had just logged on to ask the same question. I have the Hartley’s ten cal pots and they are 1.8g of carbs each with all the carbs from sugar so not sure if they are permitted.

• posted by Bordercol
    on

Anyone know if there are any acceptable vegetarian jellies out there? I struggle to find the ingredients anywhere on the packs and pots in the supermarkets.

• posted by thintony
    on

There are sugar free jellies on most supermarket shelves. I get mine at Tesco. I have found a way to get a sweet snack which is to make up some sugar free jelly in very small cups. That way if I feel like I’m missing sweet I just eat one small cup and it works for me. You can also put fruit in the jelly if you wish.

• posted by Twiggy
    on

Check to see what’s producing the sweet taste though… with all this lovely, fresh, healthy food it seems a great shame to add aspartame or similar dodgy artificial sweeteners.

• posted by thintony
    on

There is a lot of unscientific stuff on sweeteners. I don’t see any valid scientific data showing they are bad for you, particularly Stevia. In fact they are one of the most researched products, but to date, despite the concern there is no evidence. For me personally to take a spoon of jello that has no sugar and no calories and stay within 800 a day is an acceptable risk.

Please log in or register to post a reply.