Struggling with lunches

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I’m finding it difficult to come up with lunch options which my husband will eat too. My chances of sticking to the diet are much better if he eats mostly the same things, which he’s willing to do if I can keep it interesting. Soup and omelettes are fine, but that will soon get boring.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How about a deli platter – choose from a selection of cold meats, cheeses, smoked salmon, roll mop herring, hummus, tomato and onion salad, you can have it with gem lettuce and he can have crusty bread. You can pick and mix, keep to you cals and carbs and he can have what he pleases.

• posted by Allychat
    on

My husband is not officially doing the diet either but eating same as me – only larger portions. We are both enjoying different kinds of salads most days. I boost the fibre up with cold kumara and/or chick peas with a small portion of cold meat or smoked salmon or an egg. I always use a base of lettuce, cucumber & celery. Roasted red pepper is also a great addition. When the weather gets cool (still in the 30s in Sydney today) im planning to make hearty vegetable based soups for lunch. I dress with olive and lemon juice or vinegar and alternatively I use whole egg mayo (full fat).

• posted by Patsy
    on

Thanks, both of you.

He’s not keen on much salad, but we could have it sometimes. Had to look up kumara – never heard it called that.

A deli platter is an excellent idea – there are plenty of things he likes which I could include. Actually I couldhave salads with a little of the platter stuff and he could do it the other way round.

Please log in or register to post a reply.