Struggling to eat 800 a day (vegan)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by StudentnurseSOS
    on

I’ve now got into the swing of the BSD . However, i am finding it difficult to eat 800 cals a day bevause when i get to 50g carbs I stop eating things containing carbs, but there arent many vegan high protein very low carb snacks that ive found.
    Today i had 646 calories. 56g carbs 38g protein 27g fat. Had to up carbs slightly otherwise wouldve had sub 600 cals.
    Im eating a lot of green leafy veg and having big salads with olives, vegan cheese and vegan dressing and im not too hungry.
    Im also taking a multivitamin just in case.
    Can anyone recomend anything?
    Thanks

• posted by JGwen
    on

Suggest you search on the web for keto vegan recipes there are quite a lot of ideas out there on a range of sites. Thats what I will be doing when I have the time finish the renovation of my house and have a useable kitchen and time to experiment.

• posted by Pancita
    on

I eat a lot of olives. They are pretty much zero carbs and 100g contains just under 200 kcalories. So I’d throw an extra pack of olives in the salad.
    I buy Crespo, Ollie’s or Tesco own, marinated and sold as “dry”, not sure of their vegan credentials, but I’ve yet to meet a packet I don’t like.
    Good luck!

• posted by alliecat
    on

How about avocado? They are calorie dense, contain a lot of fiber so the carbs are extremely
    low, and contain healthy fats, which your macros indicate you are low on?

Allie

• posted by KristenLouise
    on

Hi, there is a food blog called “ibreathei’mhungry” which has got some great vegan keto recipes. I’m not promoting it for any personal reason, just letting you know. I’ve found some great recipes on there.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Nuts?

• posted by peonypetal
    on

Hi!
    I am just starting the BSD and am vegetarian and moving more and more towards a plant based diet. I was looking at this and struggling to find ideas too, if you come across any I would love to know! In the mean time I will look up vegan keto options like some of the above suggested 🙂

• posted by kelbel60s
    on

I find macadamia nuts are a great snack and loaded with the good fats. The only struggle is they are easy to overeat on.

Please log in or register to post a reply.