'Strictly' our last 4 in 2016 … Nov 22nd … let's go out on a high!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done everyone reaching day 27 of 28! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
    For me its also day 159.. Almost finished week 23 of 24.. Cannot quite believe ive come this far and grateful to VERANO for the thread coz its helped me negotiate what could have been a tricky path…thanks to her reindeer we are flying through the days and steering past each Carbo Corner successfully,even if sometimes only by the tips of our fingers!
    Hope you had a lovely bday VERANO
    Six sleeeps til Christmas! X

• posted by Verano
    on

Maharani …. sounds like a plan!!!

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

So close to the finish of this part of the sleigh ride. Keep the faith everyone! And all the best for the final day!

P.s. Did anyone else notice that over Christmas BBCFour are showing a programme called All Aboard The Sleigh Ride? I believe they follow an inuit or sami tribe on an arctic journey for several hours.

I hear those sleigh bells ringing…

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Everyone has done amazingly well and I am sure the sleigh will keep on schedule with a few bumps here and there over the festive period.

I am feeling quite pleased as went for a big family lunch out for my mums 80th yesterday. I had 3 courses but kept as BSD friendly as possible and left the table feeling satisfied but not that horrible uncomfortable bloat.

I also got into a lovely black dress that had been lurking in the cupboard for many many years and is suddenly an easy fit, I had some lovely comments from my family on how fab I was looking, It’s certainly made me feel that I can have the strength not to completely overindulge over the coming week.

Sending positive vibes to all my fellow sleigh mates

• posted by Peapod
    on

Enjoying reading how everyone is coping . Many of us seem to be spending time with family who we don’t see too often which is lovely. Lots of challenges too with parties, birthdays and work functions , well done to those of you finding a way round the food dilemma. To those who haven’t , don’t be hard on yourself, it is Christmas after all .
    Great to hear of triumphs with new or old clothes that now fit.
    I am celebrating a day early. Had my blood tested and weight done today. Will get results in a couple of days. Nurse was pleased I had lost 16 lbs and asked how I had done it. I told her it was the BSD, she obviously knew about it as she mentioned Prof Taylor and was very encouraging.
    Jingle all the way fellow sleigh riders !

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Today is my last full day before setting off to visit family in Birmingham for Christmas and New Year. Started well with BG of 100, did not get weighed, leaving that until tomorrow morning. Using stuff up out of the fridge, scrambled egg for breakfast with a strange ploughman’s for lunch (avocado, ham, cheese, red pepper with fig and ginger conserve) and tonight I will use up the rest of the red pepper, half a leek etc and make a skinny spag bol with courgettiiii. (added the extra i’s cos my computer changed it back to courgette). I am taking my spiralizer with me so I can make my lovely lunches and keep daughter on track.

Looking forward to a happy Christmas and New Year with family then back to my new year of BSD.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

I want to send you all a hearty “Merry Christmas” and more good wishes for your Boxing Day and of course, our beautiful new year 2017!!!
    I continue to remind myself that we are more than our bodies — we have tremendous things to do in this life!!
    The world is full of much bigger problems than our weight and I for one, feel much more secure knowing that all of you are out there and involved in our world because you have already proved that you are aware and thinking and willing to do something to change what is wrong — even in the face of opposition.
    As our little planet hurtles along, and we are faced with so many problems, all of you will be our solution — I am sure of it. Thank you for all your strong and healthy selves. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
    Julia

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Am back home and reading today’s posts. They are so insightful and very inspirational.

Good day today – got everything done. Just had to post. Got new bras. Size 30HH!!!!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Mine are 32D and 34E!

• posted by cmawp
    on

Mine are now 40A (I am a man though) ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by topcac
    on

LOL cmawp!!!

Thanks for all your words of encouragement and for sending the rescue squad. They helped put away all the naughties yesterday evening back into boxes and tins and jars and put them all in the garage with strict instructions not to appear again before Saturday. With the addition of working all week I am back on it. Yesterday ended in a write off and I got a stinking carb headache for my troubles. Is it worth it????? Well for me it was a stark reminder of why carbs just aren’t for me so getting back on it today was not an issue. Final weigh in tomorrow on this challenge and it will be day 100 for me!!

This forum has been a godsend. Just want to thank everyone who has contributed large and small. Just love this outlet. In a world that remains self obsessed it’s lovely to connect with others who really care enough to encourage and affirm others. I’ll probably continue to post on here through Christmas just so that I have some accountability but look forward to joining some of you on the next 4 week challenge on the 27th

Much love
    TC โค๏ธ

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Topcac – I am so glad that the rescue squad were such a help. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

Cmawp – your post made me laugh.

• posted by Natalie
    on

In Australia bra sizes are similar to dress sizes, so I’m 16C. I have no idea what 30HH looks like but it sounds like quite a rack!

• posted by Verano
    on

TIME IS UP!!!!’

Well, this challenge has drawn to an end and where are we???

My goal was to lose 5lbs but I quickly realised that being on holiday is not the best time to lose weight. I chose to stand still and I’m delighted to report I’ve done just that!!! Not an ounce gained despite lots of eating out and a hotel stay, I’m sure I’ve now got this way of eating internalised and will move forward into 2017 with renewed motivation and vigour!

So how was it for you?????

• posted by Inka13
    on

Good going everyone for making it this far! I came a cropper at Carbohydrate corner and am watching the sleigh as it recedes into the distance… Can still hear the singing though!
    Had a 7 day holiday at the seaside and decided it wasn’t about eating carbs but just trying not to worry too much and have a break from planning and thinking about every meal. I probably ate half bsd and half not!
    But I was really looking forward to getting home and going back on plan, did not enjoy the 3 kilo weight gain or the sluggishness!!
    It’s great to read the forums again and gather my strength, will eat well now up till Christmas but wow, how lots of hard work can get undone so quickly! Hope I can get back to per holiday week fairly quickly! Is anyone else off- piste at the moment?
    Good luck over the next week and see you on the other side!

• posted by Inka13
    on

Or even pre- holiday weight as it should have read!!

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Good morning everyone! It’s amazing how goals can both motivate and disappoint at the same time! I LOST 1.2lb this week YAY! I am now 0.8lb away from my overall goal for this session. I hope to be there for Saturday!

I hope everyone is experiencing success, whatever that looks like for you. I’m delighted to have lost almost a stone in these 8 weeks and if I’m REALLY good, I can get there by Christmas Eve.

The support forums have been a constant source of help and inspiration. Thank you one and all!

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

So after putting on a pound last week on my Monday weigh in yesterday thought I’d weigh again for the end of the sleigh ride and I’m 2 pounds down ( there has been a little ‘movement’ below!) So I’ve lost 9 pounds in total over the last 4 weeks hurray!

So thanks Verano for holding the reins and corralling us all it helped so much.

Happy Christmas all.

Hark is that the Herald Angels I hear or is it the sleigh riding team coming in to land?!

• posted by NickyH43
    on

Good morning from a cold & dark Surrey!
    Officially end of week 7 for me. A 2lb loss for me this week ๐Ÿ˜ƒ despite the toffee cheesecake fiasco on Friday I’m pretty pleased. Boy, did I pay for that cheesecake. Fell asleep as soon as I got home & had a terrible upset stomach all night so lesson learned! So pleased to say not a single mince pie or piece of chocolate has touched my lips at all yet this Christmas & I’m intending for it to stay that way. Will increase calories Christmas Day but still be as BSD as possible.
    So end of week 7 makes 25lb lost overall, not quite as much as I’d hoped for but definitely something to build upon.
    So glad to see everyone holding on.
    Thanks so much for all the support you lovely people. I’ll be joining the next challenge for sure! Merry Christmas everyone
    Nicky x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning all

My goal for this challenge was to stay under 9st. I’m pleased to say that I have done that. I hesitate to say that today I weigh 3 pounds less than when I began this challenge.

Many thanks Verano for organising this challenge.

• posted by Trelawny
    on

2.5lbs down. Pleased as it has been a tough 4 weeks but I am pleased to say I keep climbing back on!! Perhaps child obesity could be Dr Mosleys next project! Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good morning VERANO and all Sleigh Mates x
    Well what a ride we’ve had,we sure made those sleigh bells ring over the last four weeks!
    I prob wont be able to get weighed til later this week,so am not sure what the final push result is for me..i know it was five pound off at last weigh in,will be thrilled if ive made it to half stone.
    Well done all XX and onwards and downwards we go xx our biggest achievement is that this thread has been soooooo amazing…thanks everyone who contributed along the way! X

• posted by Snoop
    on

My weigh-in: 78.7 kg. Overall loss over the challenge: 2.6 kg. Plus, I’ve gone through the mini target I set myself of a 2.1 kg loss to reach 79.2. Very pleased with that, especially as I haven’t been all that strict these last couple of days.

My aim now is to weigh the same (and certainly below 79.2) on 1 January.

Good luck everyone and have a very happy festive season.

• posted by CaroleH
    on

Morning all. Well this challenge is up, but for me the 8 weeks isn’t up until Thursday. But today I passed the 10 kg mark so very pleased. Generally I weigh myself in lbs but have set myself loads of targets based on lbs, kg, BMI, stones etc. (So I have lots to tick off – keeps me motivated!). So I’ve lost 22.2 lbs and moved from 14 at something to under 12 1/2 stones. Very happy and planning to have 3 days off over Christmas (but bearing in mind BSD principles) then get back on it. My goal is to get to middle of BMI normal range so another 3 st to go. I will do it though. This diet is a godsend. The first one ever I’ve been able to stick to. I’m 61 this Christmas and I’ve been fighting my weight all my adult life. So big thanks to Dr Michael Mosely.

Thank you so much for setting this up, Verano. Please set up another and tell us what it’s called so we can all join that too.

Well done to all my fellow losers.

Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas to you all.
    ๐ŸŽ„โ˜ƒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ„โ˜ƒ๏ธ๐ŸŽ„ Xxx

• posted by Peapod
    on

Hello All,
    What brilliant and wide ranging results ! Thanks to Verano for driving the sleigh.
    My total loss is 16 lbs . Would have liked it to be a lot more but lots of obstacles in the way.
    Will have a clear run in January , no birthdays, functions or holidays so hope to lose even more.
    Thank you for accompanying me on this journey and providing inspiration, support and laughs.
    This diet has changed my way of thinking, I no longer feel doomed to a life of obesity and am looking forward to a slimmer and fitter future.
    A very happy and healthy Christmas to one and all !

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Captainlynne – I am so envious as I was really hoping for a D or an E. I was a J before and I couldn’t wear blouses because they wouldn’t button up across the chest. although I shouldn’t complain because as an HH I can now wear blouses and they don’t gape.

Natalie – in the UK we go up to L so at a HH I am no Dolly Parton and actually feel normal now.

Verano brilliant that you revised your goal to a more realistic goal in view of the circumstances. Well done for achieving it and the even bigger goal of internalising this way of eating.

Inka I think you will be surprised at how quickly you will get back to pre holiday weight. The carb sluggishness is something we never noticed before but we must have been affected by it a lot of the time.

Daisiesmum – well done for your weight loss and fingers crossed for your next goal of losing the 0.8lb by Christmas Eve.

Angiebabe and Nicky well done for your 2lb loss this week. The reindeers are getting tired and they are so pleased their load is getting lighter.

Weigh in this morning is 9stone 6.5lbs which means I overshot my target of 9 stone 7lbs. That makes a 1.25lb loss this week and a 3lb total for the 4 weeks

I think I don’t want to go below 9 stone 4lbs as I am pretty well on target now. Have averaged 1200 calories over the 4 weeks and will continue with that for now as it will be good to have some ‘wriggle room’.

Picked up my altered jeans yesterday and they fitted perfectly – better than they had done when I bought them in August. I also bought a couple of size 10 tops for work in a lovely raspberry colour. Yippee – I don’t have to wear black as no rolls of fat to disguise anymore.

Met my new physio for my knee rehab. She was wearing the therapy boots also because of a knee injury – which was great because she was able to give me really good advice on when to wear them from her own personal knowledge. So wonderful not to have to go all the way to London for it.

I had to raid our savings to pay for a further year of treatment but it is worth it to me to avoid a knee replacement. The weight loss is also really helping my injured knee so yet another good reason to keep on keeping on.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Wow – congratulations to everyone who has just posted their results for this challenge – such brilliant results.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Morning follower sleighers
    I too want to say a big thank you to Verano and everybody else here who has helped, supported and entertained me through these last few weeks. Without you I know I would have repeated history and gained more lbs on the lead up to Christmas.
    I have lost one stone and eight pounds since October, though I had managed that when this sleigh ride began! However I am more than pleased that all the family celebrations and my big birthday has not derailed me this year and I will continue to keep on hanging on over the next two weeks.
    My family have arrived from USA and we are all safely gathered in with our daughter and they all noticed that I have lost weight and looked so well!
    So happy Christmas to you all and I will see you on the other side ready to start the new year afresh.
    X B

• posted by captainlynne
    on

KrysiaD – I was wearing a B or C in various sizes until I went to the posh bra shop recently. I have to say, although their sizes may not be the same as regular shop, and their products are much more expensive, it has been worth every penny ๐Ÿ˜€ Like you, I’ve also had a problem with gaping blouses – but I have to wear blouses for work! Not a problem now ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Natalie
    on

Verano I am also happy with maintaining on this challenge. It shows I don’t automatically put the weight back on as soon as I loosen the reins. To be accurate I am up 0.2 kg over the four weeks. I plan to enjoy Christmas thoroughly without going crazy over food, but I am kind of looking forward to the temptations being over. I want to enjoy the company, and the presents! without feeling sick or guilty about what I’m eating.

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

I wanted to get under the 10 stone mark and weighed in at 9 stone 12 1/2! this morning so very happy. I am now losing very slowly but keeping on track. I will allow myself the odd day off track over the xmas period but I am appreciating the stable blood sugars so much I really don’t want to risk messing that up, so calories I will worry a little less about but keep a close eye on the carbs. My family have been great, so no pressure from them and my boyfriend is very happy I don’t drink as he gets a chauffeur for all the parties!

Well done everyone on the ride, whether you lost, maintained or hung on in there. Look forward to new challenges on the 27th
    Hazel

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Final weigh in of the year. Gained about three quarters of a pound over the weekend, never mind. I have gone from 12 stone 11 lbs to 11 stone 7 lbs, that’s 18 lbs since I started the diet. That was my goal so I am very happy with that. No big losses for me, just steady does it. BG still good at 83 (4.5) and my aim over the next 2 weeks is to stay under 100.

Hubby is loading up the car with all our Christmas goodies and I will be making us a light lunch before we set off on our way, oh and I must remember to get the rib of wild boar out of the freezer to take with us. It is so cold out (3 degrees) it will still be frozen when we get to Birmingham.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and a very healthy 2017. Love to you all.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Sunshine-girl – hope you have a good Journey to Birmingham and a very merry Christmas.

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl … safe journey Happy Christmas and hope 2017 brings all you wish for.

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Yes, happy and safe traveling to all those on the road this Christmas!

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

A big thank you to my wonderful BSD friends for all your support wisdom and humour over the past 7 months, I truly wish you a very merry Christmas and happy new year. The honesty on this site is what supports us all combined with the genuine kindness shown for those difficult times.

Love AB

• posted by topcac
    on

Hugely late arrival to the weigh in party – sorry – work – bleugh…

So at the start of this challenge I had 4lbs to my goal – a 1lb a week – doable right? apparently not! STILL a half pound shy as I maintained this week, the first week in 15 that I have done so.

However, that does mean I’ve lost 3.5lbs in the last four weeks and considering the time of year and a slip up on Sunday I am really pleased. I do have another sneaky weigh in on Thursday so, who know,s maybe I’ll hit goal before Christmas…I’m 5ft 4 and now 9st 2.5lbs so I’m a size 8-10, BMI of 22, very comfortable in this body, fitter than I was and delighted that I seem to have found a way of eating that I enjoy. There are all manner of naughties lying around the office but my Carb Deflector shields are up at full strength again.

To all those travelling and spending time with family this week have a wonderful time, eat, drink, be merry, laugh, play and enjoy!
    Will post my last Weigh in before Christmas on Thursday, for want of a better place to put it ๐Ÿ™‚
    TTFN

• posted by Marsie
    on

Weighing in on final day of this challenge: I’ve mentioned before that I’m a very emotional eater, haven’t overcome that one yet, and my weight has fluctuated wildly over this 4 weeks because my eating behaviours have fluctuated to and from the BSD sleigh. Some days my mother (d. Nov 2nd) sits very heavily on my shoulder, other days she is as light as an angel and my carb intake correlates with the heavy days. I know, I do know, that this will sort itself out and I appreciate the forum as it has enabled me to return, hang on again …. Today I am exactly 1kg higher than on 22nd November. On the brighter side that is still 4.6kg below my start weight way back when.

I applaud everyone on this challenge for their results. Be proud. See you on the next challenge.

Love and good wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy, and safe 2017 xxx

• posted by Snoop
    on

Marsie, very sorry to hear your news about your mum. A big cyber hug from me.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Thank you Snoop, lovely cyber hug. xx

• posted by OiMadam
    on

Verano – thank you so much for ordering the sleigh, (and the big man himself) for us. It has kept me very much on the straight and narrow and at the end of the 4 weeks I have lost 8.5lbs – that’s despite a couple of slippery moments.
    I’m am soon to be alighting at Commonsense Cottage in the hope of making the right choices over the next few days. Will jump back on on 27th December. My mini-goal is to be the same weight I am today by 1st Jan.

Marsie – comforting hugs are singing their way to you.

To the rest if the Santa Posse – may I wish you all family filled festive felicitations! X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Me Too MARSIE ..Adding a massive hug to SNOOPs and OIMADAMs xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Marsie sometimes in our lives we just need to take care of ourselves. My thoughts are with you too. Be kind to yourself x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone. The sleigh has started to slow down with more than 50% of our original travellers having posted asking for permission to ‘get off’!!

There may be a few stragglers still too come, so I’ll wait a bit longer before giving the reindeer a few carrots and sending them on their merry way. They have a huge task ahead on Christmas Eve so we can’t hold them up much longer!

Will check back in finally later.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO I’ll be on the sleigh until tomoz or thurs coz i cant get weighed any sooner ( only when i am at DDs house)
    Shall i take care of the reindeer,give them a rub down and some treats,settle them back into the reindeer shed?…then they can rest til santa needs them on Christmas Eve?
    I’ ll then slide over to the Bah Humbug thread coz i will beBSd ing til 27 Dec when my 24 weeks end!
    I know it seems daft coz ive lost well over 4 stone so far, but if i give up any sooner, i ‘ ll feel like i ruined my 24 week challenge!
    Having said that, i will be glad to see the back of it on 27th and to ring some changes with extra cals maybe but not extra carbs in 2017
    MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone and thanks for the most FUN sleigh ride ever,sleighing friends!
    VERANO you’ve been a life saver with this challenge,you got us thru these very tricky party time pre xmas weeks! X

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Yowzer I’ve already counted you as ‘in’ but you can still keep posting as long as you like. I’m sure others will too!

Believe me, I set up challenges for purely selfish reasons! Without my fellow travellers I’d have fallen by the wayside ages ago. I need to be accountable and without those who choose to post I’d be lost. So a HUGE THANK YOU!!! to all of you who have helped to keep me on track for the last few months!

• posted by tigs
    on

Merry Christmas all! Wonderful to catch up on you all.

My weigh in for the 4 weeks is a 2.8kg (6.2lb) loss, so happy with that. Christmas Day will be 13 weeks and have lost 10.6kg to date. A way to go but will relax a bit here and there over the next week.

Family is all arriving day by day and the kitchen has been taken over haha. My daughters are very keen cooks and it is all super healthy – fructose free, gluten free, kombucha, raw this and that AND pretty much med style. I am learning so much! I have asked them to look after Christmas Day buckwheat waffles, dessert and lots of sauces and trimmings. Shaping up to be pretty good although will be far too much of it all. Gorgeous wines being trucked in too.

I need to give myself permission to have some days ‘off’ but go carefully.

Happy travels, keep safe, wishing you lots of joy and cheer xx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Marsie – so sorry to hear the news about your mother. Hugs from here in East Anglia.

Verano – thank you so much for this challenge – it has really helped me keep on the straight and narrow in the run up to Christmas.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My final weigh in for the four weeks is 11 stone 2 pounds, exactly. Which is well within the three pound range I wanted to keep to on my maintenance phase. My actual lowest weight so far was 10 stone 13.2 just after the end of the first week where I was also on my last week of my 800 fast diet. The rebound took me to 11 stone 4.6 at my heaviest which was just outside the range I had set myself, but that only lasted a day. So I have maintained my weight as planned for three weeks, while trying to move myself back to a diet that will be sustainable long term, allowing occasional treats, even carby ones sometimes, and balancing this with ‘pure BSD fasts’ to keep my weight stable. January will probably see another four weeks at least to try to take me to just below my goal weight of 10 stone 11, allowing a few pounds for the rebound I have experienced this time. If I get to 10 stone 8 that gets me to Smart BMI 35 points which is nicely central, even if my BMI will still be close to 25, so I think that will be my actual goal. Another half a stone then.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Hi Everyone,
    Wow! I can’t believe it’s over. Here in the USA, we are still facing 4 days tomorrow before Christmas. I hope you’ll all check in and talk about how you’re getting through it. I have really appreciated your support even though there have been so many days when it’s been hard to check in. Hugs to all of you!!!!!
    My husband and I hosted a lunch and wine walk with 4 couples on the weekend. It wasn’t easy but I made it through. My motto is 90/10 right now and there have been plenty of times I have fought hard to not eat Christmas cookies and candy. Sometimes I’ve given in and most of the time I’ve fought the urges.
    I keep trying on clothes that used to not fit because it is a reminder of where I’ve been and where I’m going. My neck skin is looser and I’m not happy about that but I am healthier and that is really what matters. My husband is so proud!
    I’m thinking of all of you in this holiday of food traditions. We’ll get through it gaining less than we would have and maybe some will even lose weight! That’s awesome!!! I don’t think that will be me but I am so happy for those of us who are resisting all the temptations.
    I’m looking forward to carrying on and hoping you’ll all be there with me on January 1, 2017!
    I’m ready for another 8 weeks and another 10 lb loss.
    Merry or Happy Christmas to all and here’s to a wonderful New Year’s 2017. So glad you are all part of my BSD life!

PS. Thank you so much for starting this forum Verano! You ROCK!!!!!

Janet Marie

Please log in or register to post a reply.