Stomach pain and bloating

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Forkers
    on

Hi all,
    I went a bit overboard yesterday having half a block of haloumi and a ball of mozerella and then a giant chocolate bar!
    Apart from the emotional torture I am now going through, I have had insane bloating and cramps all day today. Could this be because I’m not used to sugar?
    I have never had problems with cheese before but could my stomach be freaking out as I’m not used to that much?
    I drank a lot over the weekend and had carbs but didn’t go mad as I was on holiday but didn’t have any stomach problems until today.
    Also HAVE I UNDONE ALL MY HARD WORK?! It’s unrealistic to think I can avoid carbs and alcohol for the rest of my life in terms of social events so I’m trying to work out if this is even worth it?
    DIET DOWNERRRR

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

MODERATION IS KEY!

Stop beating the hell out of yourself. I too have downer days. I started last Wednesday!
    If you are not used to the food, then you do get aches like cramps.

CHINA”S SECRET RECIPE FOR BLOATING AND ACHES

What is it? They have a secret? Well, it goes like this:

Suck on a piece of raw ginger root or make a ginger tea. You can find the tea anywhere. It helps the stomach and digests hell of a lot of the crapola in the stomach. 4,000 years of wisdom…… They can not be wrong. Notice Chinese restaurants and Japanese too use a lot of ginger in their cooking.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Forkers – we all have events like this and take the decision to eat like ‘normal’ people, but we are all on the BSD because we understand the there is a better way to treat our bodies. Princetonian in right, no point beating yourself up, it changes nothing and just makes you feel worse, which can only be counterproductive. Give the ginger a try if you can, as it will definitely help to settle the digestive system and all for no calories too. My guess is the giant chocolate bar may have been the problem – the cheeses are fine on the BSD, high in proteins, relatively low in carbs.

Don’t panic, it is unlikely you have undone all your good work to date, with just that one transgression, I’m sure you will find that things are not much changed. As for avoiding carbs and alcohol for the rest of your life, it’s a big ask and most of us will indulge from time to time, guess it just depends how much we want to maintain our newly found health and wellbeing, as to by how much and how often we choose to indulge. We’ll all be going into maintenance at some point and it’s how we make that transition, which will dictate if we manage to remain trim and healthy.

Hope you are able to find your focus and determination to continue with the BSD. There must have been a reason you started – has that changed? Good luck with it and hope to hear you are back on track and seeing good results soon.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

SunnyB….. Thanks for the recognition of my lessons on Ayurvedic Medicine. I learned a few things I guess living in China and India.
    I can not say it enough times how much Ayurveda medicine and Tai Chi works wonders for me. Thursday is my next Panchakarma appointment. I am trying to do it once a week for losing weight and increasing brain functions like better memory.

5,000 years of medicine…..could be they wrong?

PS your name makes me want to drink a SunnyD…. Sunny Delight. :O

Please log in or register to post a reply.