Steps vs calorie target

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MumOfMany
    on

Hi everyone. I am just about to start on this diet and need some advice. I don’t have diabetes or prediabeties but my body shape (abdominal fat) suggests I need to fix things so I don’t go down that route. In the book it states to try and get your steps up to 10,000 over the 8 weeks. I already do a minimum of 20,000 every day, sometimes in excess of 30,000 (busy life so I never sit down!) Will the 800 calories be enough? I don’t want to get all wobbly :-/ Any advice appreciated! 🙂

• posted by thepolly
    on

I think the advice in the book is aimed at people that are more sedentary in order to get them to increase their amount of exercise in small stages. I’d probably try the diet and see how I feel with it, as you are already very active you wouldn’t be adding any more than you are already doing. Hope that helps 🙂

• posted by MumOfMany
    on

Hi. Thanks for your response. I am not planning on increasing my steps – I don’t think it is actually possible for me! But am concerned that my calorie deficit will be too low due too my activity levels. Anyone else had this problem?

Please log in or register to post a reply.