Starting tomorrow – Saturday 20th may

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ncannak
    on

Hi all
    Starting the BSD tomorrow. Had a binge few days and just need to start!

So is it no carbs and just veg with protein and fats? Is it best to keep portions small or does it matter as long as we keep to 800?
    Also is it bad to go below 800..like tomorrow I doubt I’m gonna be hungry after my binge today so is it ok to eat less than 800 or should I do 800 no matter what?

And lastly exercise…I weight train a few days a week early morning. Ok to keep this up?

Thanks and any advice would be great. I’m terrified my carb/sugar addiction will derail me.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

No white stuff, veg does contain carbs but generally the good stuff. Try to pick your protein level first to suit your activity level, then your ‘limit’ of carbs, most people try to hit below 50g net carbs a day, and the remainder should be fat. I found Martin Ankerl’s keto calculator invaluable to calculate this, and it advises you as to suitable levels as you lose the weight too.

• posted by Ncannak
    on

Thank you!

My plan is to eat IF so first meal around 12 and then another meal at 6pm
    Is it ok to eat the bulk of my calories at dinner? Don’t like going to bed hungry 😓

I’m going to ensure I get around 106g protein and then no more than 40g carbs so the rest fat I guess.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I often did that style of IF, still do sometimes, even on maintenance. Whatever works for you is the rule, so don’t be afraid to mix it up and try something different if you have a difficult day.

• posted by Ncannak
    on

Great yeah that makes sense.

Last query (for now!) is it vital to hit 800 calories no matter what? Today I binged stupidly cause I knew I was starting the plan tmoro..so doubt I’ll be hungry tmoro. Should I make myself eat 800 calories anyway??

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Ncannak,

My average for the first 16 weeks was around 920 calories with about 40g of carbs. I think the idea is to go for a low calorie level to trigger rapid fat burning, especially visceral fat. I would set yourself a target and measure everything to make sure you focus on the target.

Please log in or register to post a reply.