Starting tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MaggieL
    on

Hello everyone. I’ve lined it all up to start tomorrow, but am feeling apprehensive about coping with the low calories. Any good practical tips? Many thanks x

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi MaggieL and welcome. Since you say that you have lined everything up, I am assuming that you have done some background reading and know the principles. You are embarking on a tasty, healthy new way of eating which you will come to love. Try not to see it as deprivation, but a whole new way of loving yourself. Sorry if that sounds a bit OTT!
    My tips as you start out are:
    1) concentrate on getting rid of the big whites – sugar, pasta, rice, potatoes, flour – and embrace (well not literally!) cauliflower rice, courgettini as substitutes. If you find you weaken re the 800 calorie limit, then opt for a small portion of nuts/cheese/dark chocolate/full fat Greek yoghurt rather than sugary processed horrors!
    2) drink plenty of water. At least 2 litres a day.
    3) enjoy full fat yoghurt, olive oil etc. It is difficult after years of training to recognise that good fats are good for you. Reset your thinking!
    4) if you find you are getting flu-ey symptoms/headaches, a pinch of salt can help.
    5) get plenty of sleep.

You will find lots of information and cameraderie on this website. In particular the weekly thread “One week at a time….” has a mix of lovely people, both starters and experienced, so do introduce yourself on that thread. http://www.dietdoctor.com is also an excellent source of advice.

Finally, don’t go mad today because you are starting tomorrow. Your body will thank you for it!

• posted by MaggieL
    on

Thanks Caronl

Please log in or register to post a reply.