Starting soon,,,,, need advice

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Gillykins
    on

Hi everyone, I’m very impressed with the stories I have been reading, they are very inspirational.

I have a few questions before I gear myself up and start:-

1. Does one have to weigh chicken breasts, and I imagine they are skinless?

2. How much does one feel saitiate?

3. When I’ve been on diets in the past (and oh boy, there have been many!), all I think off day and night is food!

I need this to work. Looked at some holiday photos at the weekend, and bull sea lion came to mind!

• posted by Ninneyfish
    on

Hi Gillykins
    I’ve tried every diet you can imagine. Like yourself I was seeing myself getting larger and felt powerless. I happened upon the 8-week blood sugar diet and read it cover to cover. My blood sugar has been a problem in the past and I have glucose intolerance. I made my mind up to give it a go. On my 4 th week now and lost just under 1 stone. I haven’t felt hungry, occasionally needing 2-3 nuts between meals. My advice read around the diet, get prepared and go for it! Best of luck. By the weigh a set of digital food scales is very helpful and do take weigh the chicken and skin it. 👍🏻

• posted by Ninneyfish
    on

Haha just noticed my spelling slip. Must get my weighs and ways sorted x

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi and welcome.

I think it’s a good idea to weigh and record all you eat – it keeps you on track and also helps you plan. There are various apps – I found MyFitnessPal good. If you have a look you will see interesting things about the nutritional content of food – for example how much sugar/carbs there is in fruit – which helps you make sense of the BSD advice to eat this as a small element of meals rather than a lot as a main snack.

Re the chicken breast, yes you should weigh, but the skin on or off depends in the recipe as fat and full fat is allowed and recommended on this diet – it’s not bad for you and fills you up.

Keep an eye on how many carbs you are eating – many people find if they can stay under 50g per day this helps with weight loss – and drink lots and lots.

And you may find the first few days tricky, feeling hungry – this is your body adjusting to having to get energy from elsewhere rather than rhe “quick hit ” refined carbs. Stick with it – it gets easier quite quickly for most people.

Good luck!

• posted by LainieUK
    on

Hi Gillykins

I’m on day 14 and loving the approach – I wish I had come across this months ago!

I use weightlossresources to plan my food intake but I believe myfitnesspal works well and is free.

I would definitely encourage you to weigh your food. It sounds a pain but once you get into it, it will become second nature. It will also help you plan meal sizes and where and when to use your calories. It helps me SO much and I’m sure it is key to my success along with re-reading the book on my Kindle. The more you weigh food the more you’ll start to recognise portion size. This will help when you are in social settings where you definitely won’t want to be weighing food.

Chicken breast sizes are so variable so you would need to know the size and calories.

When I started I did spend a lot of time working out calories for the food I wanted to eat. I now have a list of food I love along with their calories. One thing I have discovered is that I have had no problem in sticking to 50g of carbs as I’ve now realised how bland carbs are compared to avocado, nuts and seeds on my salad (all weighed!), oily fish and meat.

I never thought I would be able to stick to 800 calories, I thought I’d feel like I’m missing out but I LOVE this approach.

Please log in or register to post a reply.