Starting out on "Fast 800" diet – encouragement and support welcomed!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Any newbies, like me, want to share tips, inspiration and recipes to help get through the first 2 or 3 months of this amazing programme and more importantly encouragement for it to become reality for the rest of my life? Come from a yo-yo dieting background with a huge love of all things cakes, pastry and bread!

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Hiya Ruthie…have you managed to get started on this? I’m just coming to the end of day 3. Been difficult with cravings and wooziness. Still, I’m going on. I did one full 8 week stint last year and lost over 20lb. Gained back a fair bit but kept off half a stone. Now for another push. Hope you’re doing ok. Sugar is a hard habit to break. Keep at it.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Hi Polly – I am too at the end of day 3 – snap!!! lol. I’m as determined as I think I can be to really put in 100% over the first 8 weeks and then continue doing the med diet for the rest of my life (hopefully!) whilst relaxing the calories a bit. Sounds very encouraging that you lost 20lbs last year – well done you! Such a bummer though when it starts to creep back on – I’ve yo-yo dieted for the past 30 years, and end up putting more weight on after each cycle – I’m either definitely “on” a diet, or most certainly definitely “am not”!!! If I could find a half way house where I’m not scoffing buns and bread to relieve boredom/stress or feeling a bit low (or even happy!), then I really don’t think I’d have a weight problem. Bad habits learnt young. Getting to that age (52) when mortality starts to loom a bit bigger in my sub conscious mind, and with a family history of diabetes, heart disease, strokes and dementia, I cannot afford to take my health for granted. Let me know how you’re getting on and any quick favourite dinner recipes – nice to hear from you!!!

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

I’m not the best cook Ruthie! I do usually cook from scratch and am keeping away from my usuals like shepherds/fish pies, rice n curries etc. Since starting this round, I tend to do v simple things like strips of meat and lots of veg and spices , soups and salads. Had an onion chicken and turmeric soup yesterday. I didn’t cook it, was meeting friends in a restaurant and that seemed safe! I want to learn how to do that one though, it was amazing. Praps when the temperature drops a bit though as don’t think I could bear to be around the stove for long whilst it’s so hot.

I had a big old bowl of salad with some feta cheese and seeds for my main meal today and that was great.

How you doing? This is day 6. Heat has knocked hunger on the head which helps. V tired though. Probably also the heat but it could be the massive change in intake. Onwards eh?

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Yes Polly – the heat really does quell the old hunger – been working in my local charity shop (a huge one just opened in Stevenage – CRUK) and my face was literally melting – came home absolutely exhausted!! I mentioned to a couple of ladies what I was doing and they were horrified at the thought of just 800 calories – but I guess you have to read the book to appreciate that it’s safe! Getting on great though and have felt very strong, but I usually do in the first few weeks! The testing period for me will be weeks 8 onwards – a time when I have always strayed a bit then thrown in the towel in a very big way – I so hope I can do it differently this time.

My daughter cooked a spag bol tonight and I had it on a bed of courgettie – lovely! I’m also really enjoying one egg scrambled in the morning – I have that with a sesame seed ryvita with butter and sunflower seeds on top – takes lots of chewing so satisfies the need to eat! Not sure if you like tuna, but I snipped a recipe out of a magazine which shows you how to make tuna fishcakes, so going to give that one a go – they look delicious!

One day to go to reach our full week – I shall weigh myself on Monday morning to monitor how I’m doing. Stay strong and let me know how you get on !

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Fish pie is spectacularly nice with cauliflower mash and real cream or cream cheese sauce instead of potato and starch… just saying… give it a try.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

I shall have to give cauli mash a try Mixnmatch – I tried ricing it once and I didn’t enjoy it very much, although I love cauliflower – the addition of some cream may be just what it needs – thanks!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

The trick to making cauliflower rice that is tasty and light instead of bland and soggy is roasting it in the oven. Rice a head of cauli, toss it with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper, spread it out on a baking sheet and cook it in a pre-heated 425F (about 220C) oven for 20 minutes or so until it’s browned in places. My oven is a bit cool, so you might want to start at a lower temp. Check at 10 minutes and give it a stir to make sure it cooks evenly.

• posted by Choccy Holic
    on

Hi ladies, i am day 14 today and feeling proud to have stuck it out through the headaches and other sugar withdrawal symptoms. 3.7kgs lost so far- just over 8 pounds.
    I tried the cauli rice in the oven and very pleased with results. I eat only two meals per day and try to get as many veges in as possible for my 800cals. I did this last year and has good success with my bloid pressure and bloid sugar levels. My daughter got sick and the stress surrounding it got me overeating and byebye good results. Put on the 18kg i lost and then some. So back here again hoping to repeat the good success of last year. This time i have to lose 30kg. 66 pounds.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

I have never thought of roasting cauli rice Esnecca – thanks for that, I shall definitely give it a go this coming week!
    Well done Choccy Holic – what an achievement! Getting through all those nasty withdrawal symptoms is a real drag, almost a trial by fire for any new eating regime that you might take up – more so with the type of diet we’re on at the moment! Just coming to the end of all that now, this is day 7 for me.
    When do you eat your two meals? I’m guessing you must go without breakfast perhaps. I’ve started eating 4 times a day (!) – I was finding that the length of time I was able to sleep wasn’t brilliant – which for me can be quite dire due to knock on implications with the epilepsy I have, so I now save some calories to have 2 ryvita or corn rice cake thingies at about 10 – worked a treat last night!
    I am astounded on this eating plan how just 800 calories can satiate me – but I guess if on a normal non dieting day you were to remove all the sweet unnecessary sugary crap I was consuming, my calorie intake would probably have been perfect!!!
    I have 3.5 stone to lose in total, though anything under 11 stone would leave me feeling cock-a-hoop!! Carry on your great work.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Just have to check in and share my first weeks weight loss, which I am totally blown away by – I’ve lost 9 and a half pounds which is about a sixth of what I need to lose – just in the first week! I can honestly say that all my cravings have gone – proved last night when I had my first real test – had a barbeque for all my clan and avoided everything I knew I shouldn’t eat – this indeed is progress for me!!! I was just able to concentrate on the things I was allowed. I sense a changing tide – bring it on!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great – Polly, how did you do if you don’t mind sharing????

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Hi Ruthie…end of week 1. I lost 4lb which I’m very pleased with. I’ve got about 2-2.5 stone to lose to be at ideal weight. Sooo hot. Onwards eh?

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Wow, that’s fab Polly – you lost the same ratio as me as I have about 4 to 4.5 stone to lose – onwards and upwards, best foot forward and all that! Feeling sooo encouraged and positive, and yes, it is really hot – another scorcher today I think!!

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Wow you – that is an amazing weight loss.

Well done. I don’t know about you but I feel very boosted to carry on. I’ve got a skirt on which I always loved to wear on hot days but couldn’t get into a couple of weeks ago when I tried. It’s on today! I also feel clear. Clear headed and very relaxed. We are doing this thing!!!

• posted by Davidh
    on

Hi. I started the BSD way of eating on 12th December 2016. Purposefully before Christmas and New Year. To date I’ve lost 3 stones 9 lbs. I’ve learnt some important lessons 1) I hit a plateau several times, you just have to keep the faith and ‘you will’ start to lose weight again. 2) Drink water: I drink a minimum of 2 litres of plain water each day. 3) Alcohol really slows down weight loss. You can dress it up anyway you want, but, the red wine theory is a myth! 4) Exercise speeds up weight loss. I took up cycling after many years away. 5) I look at sugar content and not really carbs. If it shows under 5% of sugars, then fine, if above, then I avoid it. 6) I’m not diabetic, but I bought a blood glucose meter and test my blood sugar a) At different times during the week, and b) After foods which I’m trying out. This tells me if certain foods raise my blood sugar and when. I know this seems somewhat over the top, but, ‘seeing is believing.’ These are a few of my own personal experiences which I wanted to pass on. BSD works! Stick to it…for life! Good luck everyone! David.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Yes we are doing this thing Polly – go us!!! lol. Feeling really great about life at the mo – amazing how many positive thoughts, vibes and feelings you get simply from being able to control what you eat – it’s so empowering! I have noticed that one or two tops I used to wear now hang straight down from my boobs without having to skirt over my big belly – yessssss! lol. Still a way to go but so hopeful that I will actually achieve my goal this time and more importantly maintain my weight loss – a different subject, shall tackle that one when the time comes. 🙂

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Thanks Davidh for the useful tips and well done you. I’ve had a difficult couple of days. I was out late on Thursday night and felt a bit wobbly after an evening drinking green tea. I really needed to eat something as I had a long drive home. The petrol station I stopped at was rubbish and remembered seeing someone wrote if you have to go off piste, eat too much of the right stuff than less of the wrong stuff. I found a packet of peanuts but it was 100g. And I ate the lot over the car drive. Doh. Then went on to overeat the next day too. I am back on it again today . Not going to allow a slip to give me permission to go AWOL.

• posted by Choccy Holic
    on

Hi all, day 21 for me today and the result on the scale is good. 92.3 kegs. 5.7 kegs down (12 and a half pounds). So pleased with that. The last couple of days have been a struggle. I drank a couple of twinings fruit infusions and it really kicked off some serious food cravings. I managed to stay strong and not get stuck in to the chips and choc that are available in the vending machine at work. Sticking to black tea and water now.
    Watching the food chanel doesn’t help either.

Ruthydoo- i eat my meals at 11.30 -12.30 and between 5-6pm. I add a chopped boiled egg, 10mls of olive oil and 60g of cooked chicken, canned salmon or beef to my plate of veges ( mainly zucchini, mushroom, brocoli, red capsicum and tomato). I add garlic powder, salt and chilli powder.

I dont really vary this formula. Its kind of the most food for the least calories I could get. I feel as though I have “eaten” a decent enough meal though. Works for me and I know that everyone is different.

I hope everyone is feeling the benefits of the 800 cal pblood sugar diet.

My blood sugar levels are stabilizing now I am not eating sugar. Vile stuff with the harm it does. I see my GP next week and I am due for blood tests. So far am only diet controlled with my type 2 diabetes. Fingrs crossed I am under the magic 6.5mmols/l and don’t have to start tablets.
    Have a good week everyone 😄😄😄

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Well done, Polly, what amazing strength you demonstrated in going for the nuts instead of having a complete free for all when faced with the evil fayre of a typical petrol station! Although you may have overeaten the following day, you’ve managed to pull it back, get on track again with no harm done. So brilliant – you should be very proud of yourself!

Choccy Holic – great weight loss, well done!!! I know exactly what you mean about getting as much food as you can for your daily calorie intake – it’s so important not to feel hungry and deprived. It’s strange that being on this diet and eating on average a fifth of what I was consuming before leaves me with no hunger pangs at all – so different from the feeling of needing to eat all the time and never feeling satiated when I’m not on a carb reduced diet!

I’m saving fifty calories or so daily to have in the form of Kallo corn cakes just before bed and I’m sleeping a lot better which is great. Second weighing day coming up on Monday – just hope I’m still heading in the right direction!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone – off up to the Lake District next Weds but will be going with my twin and her hubby who I’ve managed to get on board too as she is pre diabetic and needs this kind of approach to life too. Will post any losses on Monday. 🙂

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Hiya Ruthie and co…how did you do?

I lost another 3lb. Wrote a bit more about it on my post but this is good isn’t it?! I feel so bright and well and I am motivated. Need to read the recipe stuff some more though as I will soon get bored with small repertoire which is basically grazing veg nuts and some berries with a small fry of meat/fish and more veg for a meal. I’ve not cooked much. Been so hot. Hope you’re doing ok x

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Hi Polly – another great weight loss you’ve had – absolutely fabulous, well done!!

I lost 2lb this week, making 11.5lbs in total over 2 weeks. I was kinda surprised it wasn’t a bit more, but I’m in no way disappointed as I have had a really good week, so I know at least my insides have been treated kindly!!

I know what you mean about needing to mix it up a bit regards what you’re eating. I’ve ordered some low carb cookbooks toady, one of which is 15 minute recipes – my kind of meals, so I shall pass some recipes on as I try them if they’re good ‘uns! Is there any type of food you really don’t like at all??? Shall see what the new books bring anyway!! xxx 🙂 Glad you’ve picked it up after your petrol station episode – great going!! xx

• posted by Choccy Holic
    on

4 weeks today since (re)starting diet
    15 pounds down. I have just cracked under 200 pounds. So pleased.
    Struggled on my days off work this week. I think the twinnings fruit infusions trigger my cravings so have stopped them.
    Putting curry powder in my vegies to give a bit more spice and flavour.
    Worried about my daughter’s upcoming 18th birthday and our family tradition of eating to excess. Even the thought of ‘just one slice’ of birthday cake makes me nervous that i will repeat past experiences and not be able to stop. We are booked in to a nice restaurant and i have studied the menu. I can make good choices but it’s the old patterns I am worried about. I have never done moderation. If I could do it , I would not be a fat T2 now. I think I may be making a big deal out of it but it’s on my mind. Hopefully my family won’t make a big deal about me not wanting to stuff myself. As it is I think the meal itself will go over 800cals. Then there’s cake…….sigh… I will accept one day off and not be hard on myself for that. Its just my ability to get straight back to the diet the next day. I have another week to prepare and plan. This is my first ‘test’. Wish I had more faith in myself.
    It’s always easy for me to say no to the first chip or peanut or chocolate cake. It’s the second third fourth etc that I have enormous trouble with.
    I am stoked with the 15 pound loss. 50 to go.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

If it helps just think of it as a planned non-fast day, 5:2 style. So the next day is just straight back into fast days, that always worked for me.

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Hi all – How did you do Ruthie and all?

Have just put a post on my thread as I managed to gain 1lb. Eating the right things but being “relaxed” about measuring and weighing. So back in the wrong direction. Having said that, all the other benefits of the sugar free continue so I am pleased to see that it’s not just about the weight loss. Back to it! All the best.

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Ruthie you’ve gone very quiet. Is your head stuck in a biscuit barrel? ! Come back! You could have a quick regroup and carry on. This is for life and slip ups are part of it…! I managed to gain weight last week and have decided that I just chalk that up and get back to it. None of us got these issues because we have good discipline. Sugar is a terrible drug. Come n give it another poke in the eye?

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

He he Polly – forgot to say that I was going away!!!! Went to the Lakes from last Weds and got back this morning – bliss! It was great in that my twin and her hubby came too and they are both following the same diet as me – we took the recipe book with us and tried out some lovely dishes – the meatballs was lovely, as was the broccoli and cauli gratin – truly tasty!!

So I should have weighed myself on Monday just gone, but will do so in the morning to keep tabs on how well I’ve done. I have definitely eaten more than 800 cals per day – possibly up to about 1200 I’m guessing on some days but it’s been all the “right” food, so feeling really positive and happy. The only thing I slipped up on was a panini in Bedale as I really don’t like minestrone soup – the only other alternative. Had a big salad with it though!

I love your attitude with starting again if you have a poor week – it’s just so important to treat this as a lifestyle and not a one off 5 week fad! Have a slightly stressful day tomorrow so it will be interesting to see how it affects my appetite! Keep up the good vibes Polly!! 🙂

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Ah that’s brilliant.

Many years ago when I was a child I remember coming home to find the family cat had rammed its head into the cat food tin and was lying on the kitchen floor struggling to breathe… All was well once dad extracted its head, all covered in Whiskas. I’d had a vision of you in a similar situation covered in custard cream crumbs! How rude of me! I think it’s called transference as that’s likely what I will be doing if I go quiet. You sound like you had a lovely week. I’ve been pushing down my calorie intake but it’s still a bit above 800. No sugar at all.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

You’re doing really well, then Polly – well done! Glad to say I’m sitting here crumb free – maybe just a few sunflower seeds on my desk!!! lol.

I’ve made the mistake of watching a YouTube video last night on the horrors of eating meat in all its forms, and dairy – I’m now seriously considering cutting down on my intake and swapping meals for a few vegetarian ones each week. The only supplement you need apparently is B12. It’s served a bit a curve ball really, I really need to sit down and get my head round it all!

I ended up losing half a pound over the past 10 days – glad not to have put on. I’m reading Michael Moseley’s gut book – well worth a read – there are tests you can have done to find the sorts of food that the biome “down there” would be most efficient at processing the food we eat and thus helping to keep the weight off. I think if I’m managing to stay between 800 and 1000 cals a day and my weight isn’t moving much then I shall send some samples off and see what comes back. I find all this stuff fascinating – will let you know if I go down that route!

Going to start meal planning I think as it worked fabulously well whilst we were away and you can stick to a pre written shopping list and suffer less waste at the end of the week. All in good time! Right, gonna start recording meticulously again to check my intake figures – have been a bit woolly round the edges lately! Have a great weekend!! 🙂

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

My turn to be away now and with patchy internet. Have managed to reverse the weight gain and lose another lb so it’s 8 down now. Finding this stretch quite hard. Maybe it’s because I’m away and that’s traditionally a time for extra “treats” etc but my mind is often preoccupied with going off plan. One day at a time! And yesterday was a good one, I resisted. Hope everyone else doing ok.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Hi Polly! It is really hard being away whilst on a restrictive eating regime – holidays are a time for treat food, so I feel your frustration! A pound off is great though! I managed to keep to the type of food I usually eat on the plan but didn’t weigh anything – that was my “holiday” away from the diet – just lost 1 pound in 2 weeks however! (My sister and brother-in-law’s portions are somewhat bigger and their cream and dairy portions more generous than my own!). I have had a bit of a slip over the past few days – on something as silly as Ryvita crispbreads! I used to eat one before bed, as I found this helped with my sleep to combat the really empty feeling I was getting which would wake me earlier than I wanted – that one crispbread ended up turning into six or seven, spread with a very generous helping of “Pure” marg on each one – oh dear! I know my problem is with crunchy food, so decided that they had to go – I haven’t replenished them this week in my shopping trolley! Trying to think of something else that would be a good, less moreish alternative. I am trying some different rye breads so maybe I will save 50 cals to have a finger of that just before bed and hope it doesn’t turn into four slices! I keep it frozen so defrosting just a small amount will make it less on hand than just reaching into a packet. I guess it’s just realising where your triggers are and getting rid of them! Done good over the past few days however and am hopeful for a great weight loss this coming Monday. Hope everyone else is all good!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi ruthydoo – if you want something with a crunch, try making some Snappy Almond Crackers – I posted the recipe in the recipe section here. If you roll them out very thin and cut them small, they only come in at around 25 cals each and about 0.25g carbs. They can be flavoured with any herb or spice too, to make them a little more interesting. Stored in an airtight container, they keep for ages too.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Ooooo…thanks SunnyB – I keep a huge bag of almonds in my freezer so I shall sus the recipe out and try it!!! (Probably best they’re not too nice though!!! lol) xx

• posted by Choccy Holic
    on

Hi Ladies, how is everyone going? I’m doing my 6 week check in. 9.4 kegs down. Yippee. (20.6 pounds)
    I overindulged at my daughters birthday dinner. Had 4 margaritas, 2 glasses of champagne, birthday cake with cream (just 1 piece) and a 2 course dinner at a restaurant. I didn’t count calories. I got straight back in to the diet the next day albeit with a mighty hangover and headache. Managed to stay on track since.
    Hope you all are hanging in there……
    Cheers

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well done, it is surprisingly easy to just get back into isn’t it, seems to be a sign that our habits are changing so this is more normal, and I can tell you that that continues into maintenance, I can indulge and then throw in a fasting day without any concern or difficulty.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Choccy Holic on your weight loss, and for getting straight back on the wagon after your daughter’s birthday dinner, which I hope you enjoyed. I truly believe that for this WOE to be sustainable, we have to be able to have a little flexibility and enjoy life.

I totally agree with Mixnmatch. Now I am in maintenance, I don’t worry at all when I eat out, attend parties etc and certainly don’t count cals / carbs (though I don’t have much desire to eat refined carbs any more, I do often drink alcohol, probably a little too much on occasion😜 ) and I know that a day of fasting, or a couple of days BSD800 will undo any damage. It is really encouraging to feel so in control, and feel confident that I can maintain my current weight indefinitely.

• posted by ShadowIsBehindYou
    on

Hi David,

Congrats on the weight loss.

One question about your post, which was great, sugars are less than 5%, is that per serving or 100 grams etc? Only reason i ask is that i tend to like hot and spicy food which sometimes requires a shop bought paste, of which i use a tblsp as i cater for myself & my son.

I’m sure there is a question in there, sorry, day 6 and already brain dead!!

Jo

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Wow everyone – it is so encouraging reading through the last few messages how “do-able” this eating plan is. I think most of us would agree that losing weight isn’t rocket science, but the keeping it off part is somewhat!! It seems to be the absolute key in keeping the blood sugars low and never getting into the craving way of being. I’ve certainly found it easy to carry on sensibly if ever I’ve “lost it” over eating a piece of cake that someone’s made for me! Great to hear all the positive vibes – thankyou!
    (Managed to now give up the ryvitas at bedtime so hoping my weight loss this week will be rewarding!).

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi ruthydoo, your post struck a chord with me as I like my ryvita with ham or chicken and with butter it probably adds about 50 to 70 calories then the meat too. I have to give up because I am on my last packet and no chance of buying any more until October. Glad to hear it is possible to live without.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Love it sunshine-girl – love the fact that I am not the only one who finds the crunchy delights of ryvitas rather moreish! Still, like my sister says, if that’s the only think you’re losing control over then you’re not doing too bad!!! One or two strawberries just before bed does the trick now!! 😉

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Had a good week, (minus the ryvitas!) and have lost 3 lbs, so I’m chuffed to bits with that! I’ve started fasting during the period I am at work (volunteering at a large charity shop) and I think that has helped the weight loss. So that’s 15.5 lbs in about 5 weeks I think.

Seeing as I usually stop losing weight at this sort of time period on SW, it’s a real boost to see the scales go down! I very occasionally have a treat – a small piece of gluten and dairy free home made sticky toffee pudding last night, and it doesn’t start any cravings off which is absolutely fabulous. I can really see this way of eating taking me into the future and beyond – just bloody marvellous if you’ll excuse the language!!

How is everyone else doing, and what inspires you to carry on, and can you see this way of eating lasting a lifetime?? Sending lots of encouragement and hope to you all xx 🙂

• posted by Choccy Holic
    on

So my 8 weeks is up today. I’ve lost 12.4kg which is 27.2 pounds just shy of 2 stone. Absolutely thrilled. I’m going to keep going for another 4 weeks until my Hba1c and cholesterol tests get done. After that I don’t know. Often that’s when I start sabotaging my eating and it gets out of control. My blood sugar levels are usually between 4.5 and 6, either pre-meal or 2hrs post meal. So that’s exciting. My blood pressure has reduced and I’ve halved my Ramipril to 2.5mg. Another 12kg and I might be able to quit them altogether. Feeling ultra positive today 😄😄

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Wow, Choccy Holic – you’ve done brilliantly well – hope you manage to contain the cravings and that you are able to maintain your weight loss and maybe even lose some more! Congratulations!!

• posted by Choccy Holic
    on

Thanks Ruthydoo. How are you going on your BSD?

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Well, I started off a couple of months ago-ish, following 800 cals a day and writing everything down. I have since relaxed with the recording of everything and am into a really good sustainable way of eating – something I could easily do for the rest of my life. I’ve lost in total 19lbs and am about a third of the way there – yaayy!!! I’m thinking more about some of the foods that I’m eating which I think cause me to bloat – pretty sure dairy should be off limits really so am planning on eating the rest of the catering pack (!) of full fat natural yogurt and not buy any more! Trying to do more vegetarian meals too as a lot of veggie recipes give me a wonderful taste explosion which I really need! Thanks for asking!

• posted by Judiffj
    on

Hi there, I started 3 weeks ago and I’ve lost 15.5 lbs. I’ve never lost this amount of weight so quickly before, AND it’s come off my stomach. I actually have a waist back. I have tried all sorts of diets and failed. I use the my fitness pal website and track everything. I bought the cookery book and thats been a god send. The food is so tasty and it takes the guesswork out of meal planning. I’ve also increased my activity and have a personal trainer twice a week. The only craving I have had is for bread. To overcome this, I’ve taken a small amount and chewed it a couple of times and then spat is out. Sounds disgusting I know, but it helped.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Anything that helps Judiffj!! I have had to eliminate certain things from my diet – stuff which I am addicted to and I think also quite sensitive to – wheat and dairy! I take my hat off to you for being able to spit it out – I’d be like a dog with a bone at that stage I think – “you’re not having it!!” lol.

Please log in or register to post a reply.