Starting but worried about exercising on these calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Karen19
    on

I am planning on starting Monday. Am doing it for weight loss and improving health. Am not diabetic or prediabtic but there is a strong family history and I have 3 stone to loose to get just into my health BMI.

I exercise a lot but have come to recognise it’s 80% about what I fuel myself with. I don’t want to stop exercise but am worried about how to transition to the diet and will I have enough energy and don’t want to become shakey. I use the gym a couple of times a week and cycle two to theee times a week 30 ish miles with hills. Advise please thx in advance.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Depending on how much of your current diet is carbs you may have to reduce the exercise for a couple of weeks while your body adapts to burning fat, or risk a serious lack of energy which you would have to fuel with carbs to get through defeating the object of getting the body into fat burning mode. The really good news is once you have fat adapted there is no reason why you can’t exercise to your current levels and some people even report personal bests and a real feeling of being energised during exercise. It was fairly seamless for me as I had already reduced my carbs somewhat, but I still found it took a couple of weeks before the full adaptation occurred when on 800 calorie days.

• posted by Karen19
    on

Thank you that’s helpful and was what I was wondering was the case. My carbs are pretty low and so will see how it goes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.